Regular Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Shar Beth said:
On 1/30/2015 rhondajune said: Shawn, like all the hosts, will be bubbly excited to sell you a bowl of dog do-do. I get disgusted at the lying & over-sized tactics. Ethics? Like clothes that don't cling (haha) or makeup that looks great (haha) to comfy shoes... (some, not all). The hosts care about one thing. THEIR PAYCHECKS & A MIRROR,

Why so cynical? They are all doing their job which is very difficult. There is only one solution, please turn the Q off and watch something else if you feel that way.

There is a way to move merchandise without compromising your personal integrity or that of the company you represent. There are hosts and channels that manage to accomplish that--do their job with some personal dignity and class. Others, not so much. When did being "unfiltered", tactless and disingenuous become admirable? That's why, as you suggested, I will not watch, or buy.
Regular Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Celticrose said:
On 1/30/2015 rhondajune said: Shawn, like all the hosts, will be bubbly excited to sell you a bowl of dog do-do. I get disgusted at the lying & over-sized tactics. Ethics? Like clothes that don't cling (haha) or makeup that looks great (haha) to comfy shoes... (some, not all). The hosts care about one thing. THEIR PAYCHECKS & A MIRROR,

Why so cynical? They are all doing their job which is very difficult. There is only one solution, please turn the Q off and watch something else if you feel that way.

There is a way to move merchandise without compromising your personal integrity or that of the company you represent. There are hosts and channels that manage to accomplish that--do their job with some personal dignity and class. Others, not so much. When did being "unfiltered", tactless and disingenuous become admirable? That's why, as you suggested, I will not watch, or buy.

For me personally, I see nothing wrong with having a little fun while watching a product being presented. I don't see it as less of dignity and class. This is not the center of Saks Fifth Avenue after all...it is a TV shopping channel trying to keep the viewers' attention. Yes, I want the details. But, I am not foolish to know that every host is madly in love with every single product they sell. They are just doing their job, and I personally take what is valuable to me and make a decision. I don't sit fanatically in front of the channel. I tune into shows I feel would interest me or what I am looking for, and I don't feel pressured. I think QVC and the hosts do a great job and having a little fun watching is not half bad.

To me what is worse...going to a shoe store and being shown shoes a half or full size too small and the salesperson insisting that they will fit my feet (because that is all they have left in stock)...when clearly they will not. Or a salesperson telling me the dress looks awesome when I come out of the dressing room, when I can clearly see it is not the most flattering. Talk about salesperson pressure!

I respect your opinion...But at the end of the day, it is our prerogative to watch, buy...or not.

Regular Contributor
On 1/31/2015 Shar Beth said:

For me personally, I see nothing wrong with having a little fun while watching a product being presented. I don't see it as less of dignity and class. This is not the center of Saks Fifth Avenue after all...it is a TV shopping channel trying to keep the viewers' attention. Yes, I want the details. But, I am not foolish to know that every host is madly in love with every single product they sell. They are just doing their job, and I personally take what is valuable to me and make a decision. I don't sit fanatically in front of the channel. I tune into shows I feel would interest me or what I am looking for, and I don't feel pressured. I think QVC and the hosts do a great job and having a little fun watching is not half bad.

To me what is worse...going to a shoe store and being shown shoes a half or full size too small and the salesperson insisting that they will fit my feet (because that is all they have left in stock)...when clearly they will not. Or a salesperson telling me the dress looks awesome when I come out of the dressing room, when I can clearly see it is not the most flattering. Talk about salesperson pressure!

I respect your opinion...But at the end of the day, it is our prerogative to watch, buy...or not.

I respect your opinion, as well. Let me say that I do not sit fanatically in front of the TV. In fact, I might see one or two minutes of ANY shopping show before turning the channel, although I do keep ShopHQ on in the background. I buy things from QVC occasionally, but can probably count on one hand the times I've bought while watching a host in the last year. I now order exclusively online, so it's certainly not an impulse purchase. I used to watch Shawn and Issac, and Shawn just got too "out there" for me, with the incoherent babbling, and I do find her sales tactics and oversharing just too much. However, after further consideration, I think she was a wise choice for PM Style, especially in it's new time slot. She'll be on later, on a boring Monday, and can really relate to the insomniacs, and housebound, which seem to be her core audience, especially for the soul speaking jewelry. The rest of us will have long turned away.

Regular Contributor
On 1/31/2015 Celticrose said:
On 1/31/2015 Shar Beth said:

I respect your opinion, as well. Let me say that I do not sit fanatically in front of the TV. In fact, I might see one or two minutes of ANY shopping show before turning the channel, although I do keep ShopHQ on in the background. I buy things from QVC occasionally, but can probably count on one hand the times I've bought while watching a host in the last year. I now order exclusively online, so it's certainly not an impulse purchase. I used to watch Shawn and Issac, and Shawn just got too "out there" for me, with the incoherent babbling, and I do find her sales tactics and oversharing just too much. However, after further consideration, I think she was a wise choice for PM Style, especially in it's new time slot. She'll be on later, on a boring Monday, and can really relate to the insomniacs, and housebound, which seem to be her core audience, especially for the soul speaking jewelry. The rest of us will have long turned away.

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/30/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

I love Friday night fashion. Friday nights are great for me because no homework to worry about doing with the kids. No school tomorrow. Pat and Jayne work so well together. It's great!

Friday nights are looking much much better to me, too.

Respected Contributor

She's a little too frenetic for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Not applicable

I won't be watching Monday nights anymore. None of the changes appeal to me.

Contributor

Well, that's one less show I'll be watching on the Q. I hardly watch it anymore, anyways.

Super Contributor
On 1/30/2015 LipstickDiva said:

Watching Amy was ""heart-wrenching"" because of her bangs being in her face. That's kind of dramatic isn't it?

I don't think Amy has been abandoned by anyone. She recently had her hair done by Maria McCool who said Amy wanted something new and hip. She cut Amy's hair using clippers and added bangs. Maria also does Shawn's hair and Shawn recently went blonder. Amy has spoken about being in the make-up chair and getting her make-up done.

Maybe both she and Shawn wear their hair the way they do because they like it? There's a novel thought.

Love your comments. Both the styles are in fashion and very hip for younger women. So happy for Shawn too. The heart-wrenching comment was funny but not an attack.