Honored Contributor

Re: New Obsession: Orange

[ Edited ]

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I'm glad you brought this up.  I used to be all about this color in the 70s.  I'm happy to see it's making a comeback.  If you like orange, you are supposed to be friendly and happy.  It signifies optimism and being uplifting - the color of joy.

I like peaches and corals, too.  I like to wear them sometimes even though they are not my most flattering colors.

There was a stop in northern California called Coffee Tree.  It was a glorified coffee shop that was next to the Nut Tree complex.  Coffee Tree is closed but the Nut Tree apparently went through renovations.  Coffee Tree used to have the cutest pink and orange patterned fabric between its booths.  It was so cheerful.  They also had colored sugars.  Those were the days before we worried about artificial color.

Here's a shot of Coffee Tree's fabric dividers.  Hard to see, but it's the only photo I found.

Coffee Tree (DreyfussBlackford) Tags: sf california family tree history feet coffee architecture project square restaurant construction power vacaville central cost company stop valley 200 land nostalgic sacramento nut architects legacy 000 blackford 1965 dreyfuss 6400 masson 80036 db2081 db2571

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Thanks for sharing your memories and pic!  Don't you love when you find a cute coffee shop decorated nicely?

Respected Contributor

I LOVE coral (orange!) and turquoise jewelry. Just purchased a necklace in this combo and WOW! So pretty and lots of compliments. These two colors go great together.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk  Would love to see your necklace... we are on the same track as far as thought process!  Here is what "has me going" right now... unavailable, but trying to find similar!

Coral turquoise pearl crocheted.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: New Obsession: Orange

[ Edited ]

2015-07-14_124226.gif

party girl red hair.jpgparty girl red hair.jpgAvatars schroder paint.jpg

Respected Contributor

Orange has been creeping into my fashion life, as well! (It's even crept into my poetry, as tangerine.)

I stick with a black-charcoal-cream-khaki palette, but love accessorizing with orange.

Favorites now:

images.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@silkyk  Would love to see your necklace... we are on the same track as far as thought process!  Here is what "has me going" right now... unavailable, but trying to find similar!

Coral turquoise pearl crocheted.jpeg

Nice! I found mine over on ebay. Wearing it with a turquoise top today and looks great...if I do say so myself....and I do! The pearls are an extra bonus. Might have to look for another in that combo. Ebay...here I come....

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I can't wear it but I think I will try it in some bags or jewelry. I like the look of it with gray. 

Honored Contributor
With gray sounds beautiful!