Honored Contributor

New Martha Stewart Faux Fur Coat

[ Edited ]

It is the faux curly fur lamb coat (full length).  You have to be really thin to wear this coat because it adds on a little weight.  $171.00.  Two colors black and a pinkish taupe.  To view it go to Martha Stewart Fashion and choose the lighter color.  It is a nice looking coat.

Martha Stewart Long Faux Curly Lamb Fur Coat - A372265

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: New Martha Stewart Faux Fur Coat

The coat may be very nice but this presentation leaves much to be desired..

Respected Contributor

I saw the live presentation on this coat and it does make you look larger.  It made Mary Beth look very large.  I also think you need to be tall and thin.  But that's just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

What about her other coat - the one that looks like a bubbles - or box packing material?  Two colors I think - like the Michlean (sp) tire icon.

That coat made everybody look_______fat - thick - big - oversized - silly and funny.

Over $100  (not for free)

Honored Contributor

I think most all her clothes-shirts, coats even pants tend to look boxy and end in a square. She seems to like that shape but I agree it is not very flattering.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Considered this coat until I read the reviews of the short version introduced last year.

3.6 rating.  

Heavy - 7- 8 lbs

Bulky

Sheds heavily

Stiff fur

Cheap fabric and closures

No closure at the top 

Need to go down 2 sizes.

Sleeves too long.  Can't roll up because there's no fur underneath.

Cheap noisy lining 

Not sure why this was made in a longer version with so many complaints for the shorter.  

Honored Contributor

@FoxxeeI bought the jacket last year and ended up returning it.  After trying on a few times at home, the jacket was too heavy for me.  I ordered my regular size so going down 2 sizes is incorrect.  I did not find the fabric to be cheap, afterall it is faux fur and it is resembling Persian lamb.  I don't think it was the best faux fur but the price would be a lot higher for superior grade.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Yeah, a fur coat with no socks and pants that look cropped so that the calf is showing. If you can wear that you wouldn't need a fur coat! Faux or not.

Valued Contributor

Yeah, a fur coat with no socks and pants that look cropped so that the calf is showing. If you can wear t

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have to be thin to wear that coat ????   Huh????  I'm sure if I put that coat on my size 16 body.....I'd look like a size 16 in a fur coat....LOL   Good grief.  Just when you think women have grown out of size foolishness, you read something like that....LOL