Honored Contributor

Re: New Look: lopped off 4+ inches of hair! Have you ever just gone for it?

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

I've had long, long hair forever. Yesterday I decided that I looked like an aging Kardashian sister and while having my hair colored, had it cut. I mean cut. It's now just below the collarbones, very sophisticated and I think it took 10 years off my face.

I'll likely just let it grow back but for now, I'm so happy I took a chance and made a change. The way I figure it's not like I had plastic surgery; its' just hair.

When's the last time you threw caution to the wind and went for a new look?

9257321.jpg (240×160)

Bet you wish you'd done it sooner, as updated styles of any length help keep everyone looking more youthful. 8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I've had short hair for as long as I can remember except maybe in HS and most of college. In the profession I was in, it was easier to manage being shorter.

I saw this article the other day and it shows an easy way to determine if you should keep your hair long or cut it.

http://www.instyle.com/news/can-you-pull-short-hair-simple-trick-will-tell-you

Thanks, JJM.

And see my Beauty thread (started last Tues.) that's entitled, "Amazing test that determines which hair length flatters you most".  

Trusted Contributor

I update my look pretty regularly, probably once a year. I like to wear my hair short or mid-length (although I have worn it longer), and I enjoy changing up the style periodically. It's just hair--have fun with it!

Respected Contributor

I did the same thiing on Saturday.  Mine was not as long as yours was---below my chin, approaching shoulders---and I had it all chopped off!  I guess I was in a mood. I'm enjoing the comfort of short hair and the ease of getting ready.  My hair always grows faster than average, so if I want it to grow out, I could have it back in less than a year.

Glad you are liking your new hair style!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

I did the same thiing on Saturday.  Mine was not as long as yours was---below my chin, approaching shoulders---and I had it all chopped off!  I guess I was in a mood. I'm enjoing the comfort of short hair and the ease of getting ready.  My hair always grows faster than average, so if I want it to grow out, I could have it back in less than a year.

Glad you are liking your new hair style!

This was my thinking exactly. My hair grows about an inch per month (sometimes more--I attribute this to genetics and lots of hair/skin/nails vitamins) so by the end of the year I'd pretty much be back where I started.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I had my bob cut when Jennifer Lawrence got a short cut. I had my hair cut just like hers (longer on the top with sideswept bangs). She is growing it back, but I love the shorter look - everyone says I look younger.

Honored Contributor

Every once in a while hair needs a good "lopping."  it gives you a new perspective.thumbs up