Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Cardigan

I don't know what I think of the buttons ... hoping that the name is only so visible in close up shot ... but not as noticable when worn. I like this top for weekend wear and for vacations along the coast when a light topper is required. I am not a pink girl...but it sure looks like spring to me.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Oh, my goodness! Designers and artists have been putting their signatures on what they create for forever! Have you ever been to an art museum and seen a painting that is not signed? Are your silk scarves not signed? Are there not signature buckles on Ferragamo shoes? Shoot! Even my dressage and close contact saddles have discrete brass plates on them identifying their makers.

Louis's VERY discrete signatures on his garments are barely noticeable unless you are really, really looking for them. I just can't imagine being a deal-breaker for a garment or accessory you otherwise like.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Sheesh! I meant "very" stretchy Smiley Happy Thanks for pinning that down.

And I take "quite the opposite" to mean that the fabric DOES have "guts to it" Smiley Happy Enough guts that it wouldn't be necessary to wear a slip under the skirt for example? Enough guts that it falls away from, doesn't cling to the body showing the outline of the leg when worn without a slip?

Not having seen it (the fabric) in person, nor had the opportunity to handle-touch-feel - examine this fabric tactilely in any other fashion item I've ordered from Louis, I can see where you might find my question about pilling and my ponte knit experience with pilling - a little confusing to answer. Yesterday was my day to remove pills from my ponte pants so it was fresh on my mind. Smiley Wink

As GraceCo noted, I guess I'd have to try an item to find out how it behaves for me, how it fits, what it feels like etc. I was hoping for less of a stab-in-the-dark but I guess I honestly have nothing Linea to compare it with. Thank you for the much appreciated response and information!!!

Super Contributor

I ordered my first Linea item On the 21st. I got it yesterday! The 22! I couldn't believe how fast it arrived and even better I loved my item! I can't wait to try this cardi. I'm with him on the less boxy fit. Wondering how thin the fabric will be before I commit to the pink. Hoping to see it on a live model. I hope the show isn't on when I am working! Lol
Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Barbara in Virginia said:

Oh, my goodness! Designers and artists have been putting their signatures on what they create for forever! Have you ever been to an art museum and seen a painting that is not signed? Are your silk scarves not signed? Are there not signature buckles on Ferragamo shoes? Shoot! Even my dressage and close contact saddles have discrete brass plates on them identifying their makers.

Louis's VERY discrete signatures on his garments are barely noticeable unless you are really, really looking for them. I just can't imagine being a deal-breaker for a garment or accessory you otherwise like.

I'm not typically a fan of signatures on my clothing either, however, I do agree with you, Barbara, Louis' touch is very subtle. I have no problem with the buttons. I would prefer not to have anything on the fabric, but again, he's kept it monochromatic and quiet.

Give me that signed million dollar painting any day!!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 TheOwl said:

Thank you Sheesh! I meant "very" stretchy Smiley Happy Thanks for pinning that down.

And I take "quite the opposite" to mean that the fabric DOES have "guts to it" Smiley Happy Enough guts that it wouldn't be necessary to wear a slip under the skirt for example? Enough guts that it falls away from, doesn't cling to the body showing the outline of the leg when worn without a slip?

Not having seen it (the fabric) in person, nor had the opportunity to handle-touch-feel - examine this fabric tactilely in any other fashion item I've ordered from Louis, I can see where you might find my question about pilling and my ponte knit experience with pilling - a little confusing to answer. Yesterday was my day to remove pills from my ponte pants so it was fresh on my mind. Smiley Wink

As GraceCo noted, I guess I'd have to try an item to find out how it behaves for me, how it fits, what it feels like etc. I was hoping for less of a stab-in-the-dark but I guess I honestly have nothing Linea to compare it with. Thank you for the much appreciated response and information!!!

It's all about ordering the right size, too. The skirt will cling to the body if it is too small for you---no matter what the fabric. I personally love this fabric and am going to categorically say that it is the MOST comfortable fabric I have ever had on my body---even better than Posh Knits because wool tends to bother me after a while. Like Grace said, you really have to get a piece home and try it. I'm really loving how the cardigan and skirt gives a casual suited look. I'm going to retire fairly soon and these casual suits will be perfect--but they can also easily be worn to work. I'm going to have to set a side more of my clothing "budget" for a collection of these pieces.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I agree, Barbara, I don't get the aversion to the subtle buttons and logo. To each their own.....

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Sheesh said:

I agree, Barbara, I don't get the aversion to the subtle buttons and logo. To each their own.....

Even though I fear my additional comment will make this post appear like a gathering of "the usual suspects," I agree that Louis's signature markings are subtle and, yes, even attractive to my eye. Incidentally, I am one who refuses to wear an item emblazoned wildly with the creator's logo/name. Garish free advertising and boasting as far as I'm concerned (sounds snotty, do not mean it to be).

Honored Contributor

Is this fabric similar to the dresses he did with the subtle logo?

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 terrier3 said:

Is this fabric similar to the dresses he did with the subtle logo?

It is the exact fabric as the Tee Shirt Dress from last year with the logo on the sleeve.