Valued Contributor

Re: New Linea Leisure Cardigan

Thanks MarilynM and White Flowers for your helpful comments and for taking the time to make them. Very appreciated knowing how busy everyone is all the time these days!

I'll let the "click here" measurements be my guide when these new cardigans, shells and skirts actually show up online keeping in mind that the garment returns to those measurements and doesn't continue to stretch to fit the body - which is a vivid description White Flowers.

Valued Contributor

Owl glad my description of the fabric was helpful. I wanted to get it across that it has stretch to get it on but that it wants to return to the shape it was on the hanger. It also does not pill at all. And the seaming details allow the garment to have a beautifully flattering silhouette. Nice length--good for shorties and us taller gals. It's updated yet classic. Great for long necklaces or infinity scarves. Also about the comment Louis made about buttoning the cardigan I believe he meant that if you want to button it he would recommend it not be buttoned all the way up but go with the current fashion which is to only button the top button or two and let it fly away. Or if you prefer a more fitted look button a couple of button at the bust. Or, just leave it open and enjoy. This is what he has previously said about cardigans and whether to button or not.
Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 gardensla said:

I'm not crazy about little embroidered logos and I don't like the pockets so will be passing on this (at least for now).

I find it very hard to find any active or leisure wear I like that doesn't have a logo somewhere from Juicy to lululemon. At least these are in the same color as the garment which you can hardly see, and don't glow in the dark....LOL

Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Sheesh said:

Can't wait for these new pieces---Perfectly Pink Cardi and Shell for sure, and Black Pants and Black skirt (have the V-Neck and the Beaded Tunic in Black to wear with as well, so no brainer---I'll likely shorten the skirt to suit my taste). Then need to decide if I'm going for any more colors. I love the comfort and versatility of this fabric.

I will definitely be getting the black skirt also, maybe two and shorten one of them to knee length. It's really difficult to find plain cotton skirts that are substantial in weight. Easy Summer dressing, throw on a cute tank and sandals and out the door!

Respected Contributor

I think Linea Leisure will do very well!

Like the pieces Louis has shown so far!

Honored Contributor

I am passing on Linea Leisure - just doesn't fit my lifestyle. Oh well, that just means more money for his wonderful jackets. Everyone enjoy.

Super Contributor

On 1/22/2015 santorini said:

It's very pretty, but I'm not a fan of "signature" buttons or logos on my clothing. This one has both. I hope both of these features won't be appearing on all of the new clothing items.

ITA.

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 White flowers said:
On 1/22/2015 TheOwl said:

So Sheesh: Here are my burning questions?

1. Does this fabric "pill". My Linea ponte knit pants - I was sad to figure out - pill. So I have a pair in black I keep for "good" and a pair in black I wear more every day and then work at shaving the pills off periodically

2. Louis describes the fit as "closer". As a tall plus size, this gives me pause. What does he mean by that? I know it must be subjective and hard to describe.

3. Is it really stretchy?

4. Does it wrinkle?

5. How does it launder?

6. Why does he say he feels the cardigan should be buttoned? Does the fabric tend to flop around a bit - no guts to it?

Have definitely held off experimenting with this particular fabric so will be really interested in your experience with it. While the "tunic" as Louis calls it has almost sold out, there are 20 less than 5 star reviews. That's a fair amount. And several mention that the tunic shouldn't be purchased by plus size women as it is way too snug. That too is an "off-putting" evaluation.

Realize you can't speak to all these questions but maybe you can help with some of them?

Owl & Graceco, I have this fabric in the recent tunic from Louis. I will attempt to answer your questions. 1) I find the fabric "beefy" in a good sense. No under garments show through and it always holds its shape. 2) because it always holds it shape, it means that it returns to its exact measurements after you put it on. It has stretch to get it on but not like WK where it continues to stretch to your shape after you put it on. 3) so it's a tighter denser fabrication. 4) washes beautifully -- I hang to dry, don't want it to shrink. Does not wrinkles. 5) the "closer to the body" to me is that it stays the same shape. My advice, review the garment measurements and decide on these measurements what size you really are in this fabric. I would not just buy a piece based on your WK size, I would go more with your Linea jacket size. I hope this helps. I am a size small in WK and really a medium (sometimes 8 or smaller 10) in Linea jackets. I got the tunic in this piece in a medium and glad I did. I do believe that it is quite a nice fabric for larger women because of the beefiness and design structure. However, look at the garment measurements before picking your size. Personally I am very pleased with it.

Thanks, White flowers, for the detailed description of the fabrication & sizing. I usually wear a medium in a Linea jacket, so I'll double check the measurements. In theory, I love the idea of a Leisure line because I have a home office and like to feel professional when I work, but I don't necessarily want to dress up. That skirt/sweater combo looks ideal IF it's comfortable. Only one way to find out, I suppose...

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2015 TheOwl said:

So Sheesh: Here are my burning questions?

1. Does this fabric "pill". My Linea ponte knit pants - I was sad to figure out - pill. So I have a pair in black I keep for "good" and a pair in black I wear more every day and then work at shaving the pills off periodically

2. Louis describes the fit as "closer". As a tall plus size, this gives me pause. What does he mean by that? I know it must be subjective and hard to describe.

3. Is it really stretchy?

4. Does it wrinkle?

5. How does it launder?

6. Why does he say he feels the cardigan should be buttoned? Does the fabric tend to flop around a bit - no guts to it?

Have definitely held off experimenting with this particular fabric so will be really interested in your experience with it. While the "tunic" as Louis calls it has almost sold out, there are 20 less than 5 star reviews. That's a fair amount. And several mention that the tunic shouldn't be purchased by plus size women as it is way too snug. That too is an "off-putting" evaluation.

Realize you can't speak to all these questions but maybe you can help with some of them?

Quite the opposite, Louis said not to button it---perhaps just at the top if you want, or just in the middle, but never at the bottom. Also, it was designed, as Louis said, for a closer not boxy fit.

They are not available to order yet so I don't have them. Nor did I buy the new Tunic.

I do have the Tee Shirt Dresses (wore each several times) and the Beaded Tunic (worn twice and the V-neck Tunic (worn twice)---all from last year. No pilling, little to no wrinkling. No issues with laundering---I wash on cold, inside out, dry on low and remove before fully dry, then hang to finish drying.

When you say is it "really stretchy" do you mean is "honestly" stretchy or is it "very" stretchy---it is not clear to me what you mean by "really" in this context, but I can tell you that it does stretch nicely for my purposes and holds its shape.

This is not a ponte fabric so comparison is not particularly apt. I've had some slight pilling on my ponte pieces, too (the ones that I've worn to death like the drawstring waist pants) but this Cotton/Span is not the same fabrication at all and I have seen no pilling to date--but no fabric is "pill-proof"---some pill more than others, some are more resistant, but they all pill to some degree as that is a natural process of fabric abrasion, meaning wear and tear.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 imaclotheshog said:
On 1/22/2015 santorini said:

It's very pretty, but I'm not a fan of "signature" buttons or logos on my clothing. This one has both. I hope both of these features won't be appearing on all of the new clothing items.

ITA.

I'm not a fan of the buttons either. Smiley Sad