Honored Contributor

New Lands End Eco Friendly Sweaters

The catalog I received today has the recycle symbol on the cover, made out of yarn.

They have three new eco friendly sweaters- a shaker turtleneck, a shawl collar cardigan, and a pitched hem v neck. Beautiful pastels and darker colors. They're a blend of 58% cotton, 6% merino wool, and 36% recycled polyester made from plastic bottles. They say they're ultra soft.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: New Lands End Eco Friendly Sweaters

487182_AD17_HF_LKU.jpg487179_AD17_HF_WAP.jpg488893_A517_HF_E63.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  -  I received the catalog today and too and love the look of the shaker turtleneck, it's really cute and they've got some nice colors.  Did you order one?  Please post if you get one, interested if the yarn is as soft as they say. 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 No I didn't order one but I'm tempted. I would get the shaker knit or the shawl collar.  There's a 30% off Labor Day sale.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 ~ I love the gray shawl collar sweater/jacket, and wonder if it contains wool?  I'm so allergic to it:/

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2  -  I've got my LE catalog right here, the shawl cardigan in the photo contains:

58% cotton, 36% poly - recycled, and 6% merino wool.  All three sweaters have the same amount of contents.

Respected Contributor

Love, love, love the turtleneck.  Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

I just went to the site and there is a 30% off one regularly priced item code.  I love the sky blue turtleneck.  Can anyone tell me how the sizing is?  I've never ordered anything for me from them before.

Honored Contributor

@Trudey I'm usually a medium.  Size 12. Lands End medium tops fit me well. I find their top sizing to be generous. I also have a very small bust and shoulders and carry my weight in my lower midsection. As I think I told you with that Isaac sweater. If that helps you at all. As with all fine gauge sweaters I find theirs to run small in the sleeves and hips. But these aren't fine gauge. I did order that fine gauge dog sweater in a medium recently and it was fine, close to the body but not tight.

Lands End doesn't have free returns, that's a good thing for me or I'd be ordering too much. But they have good customer service, it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them about sizing☺ 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@AKgirl2  -  I've got my LE catalog right here, the shawl cardigan in the photo contains:

58% cotton, 36% poly - recycled, and 6% merino wool.  All three sweaters have the same amount of contents.

@IlliniGirl88 ~ thank you for the information.  Even though merino wool is a finer gauge, the 6% wool content would be enough to

make me itch and breakout in hives!  :/