Esteemed Contributor

I am hoping that J by Jason Wu is making a turn around in materials.  I have not purchased anything to date because almost everything until recently was 100% polyester, and I am not buying 100% polyester at this time.  I am pleased to see a good number of the new pieces were made in other materials.  Some examples below.

The 9/13 Big Deal

A454510
J Jason Wu French Terry Hoodie w/ Lace Trim

good looking piece and 80% cotton/20% polyester.

A452607
J Jason Wu Solid Chevron Sweater

really pretty sweater; textured material - 60% cotton/40% acrylic

A458183
J Jason Wu Mixed Media Sweatshirt

80% cotton/20% polyester

A452609
J Jason Wu Button Bell Sleeve Boatneck Sweater

60% cotton/40% acrylic

A458355
J Jason Wu Woven Striped Poncho

100% acrylic - not a fan, but better than polyester.

Like the style, also in black.

Respected Contributor

I finally received the Big Deal hoodie today in the olive green and the material is really soft and it seems well made.  The hoodie fits great and is really cute with the lace strip down the sleeves. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the review @itsmagic!  I thought it was really good looking, the lace detail unusual for sweats, but made it look fresh.  Just too hot for me to think about sweatshirts right now.  I may purchase later.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I am hoping that J by Jason Wu is making a turn around in materials.  I have not purchased anything to date because almost everything until recently was 100% polyester, and I am not buying 100% polyester at this time.  I am pleased to see a good number of the new pieces were made in other materials. 

@NYCLatinaMe - your post about the fabric content for this brand is factually incorrect!

I've been shopping this brand since it's launch last year

The new hoodie is the same fabric content as the 1st one sold in the initial launch with exception of the back panel.

I also own his tuxedo pants from the initial launch and it is NOT 100% poly. 

These are just a few examples 

Are you confusing this brand with another one? You should revise your OP bc it's not accurate. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor
Well, either, fortunately, or unfortunately, whichever way you want to look at it; I don't care for how any of the pictured items look. Money saved for me, more available for those who like them. It's all good.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Please don't direct angry posts at me.  

I have been closely following this line and not purchasing items because of high polyester content.  He did use other materials.  I know he had some rayon last year, and has some rayon this year.  Not a fan of rayon.  

You mention the back of the hoodie last year was 100% polyester.  But not this year.  So you know exactly what I am writng about: Less polyester.

If you are going to state that I am wrong that he has less polyester this year, please post all these non-polyester items, and that should be sufficient.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  - you can choose to like or dislike it for any reasons, but your post suggests that there has been some dramatic shift in the new collection form the launch going from poly to other fabrics and blends. That is simply not true. 

The only stretch in the hoodies is in the banding. The tuxedo pants have a zipper/button closure. 

Maybe you aren't interpreting the fabric contents info correctly. The brand has not been "almost all poly", nor has there been any dramatic shift

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe  - you can choose to like or dislike it for any reasons, but your post suggests that there has been some dramatic shift in the new collection form the launch going from poly to other fabrics and blends. That is simply not true. 

The only stretch in the hoodies is in the banding. The tuxedo pants have a zipper/button closure. 

Maybe you aren't interpreting the fabric contents info correctly. The brand has not been "almost all poly", nor has there been any dramatic shift

@Chi-town girl 

I don't "interpret" the fabric content.  I read it.  It is posted.  I like the fashions.  I have no concerns about stretch.  I buy stretchy fabrics all the time.

And I meant to mention that Jason Wu is great to watch!  He must be one of the most enjoyable vendors.  He has such a wonderful and engaging personality.  He is enthusiastic about his clothes and the fashion scene in general.  I have watched every one of his presentations that I could, looking to find something that works for me, and I know I will.  

This line doesn't have that many items yet, and I am glad you and many others have been making purchases, so the line can continue to grow and diversify the materials.

Respected Contributor

Every one of these items is horrible looking. Who is his customer? 

Respected Contributor

I've purchased several of Jason's blouses. They are polyester but lovely. I do feel that the crafting of the material makes all the difference. Polyester can be done beautifully but poorly. That said, everyone should dress in what they are comfortable in.