Respected Contributor

Ugly, ugly, ugly!

Honored Contributor

I actually thought it looked good on Courtney in the linen shade. The other 2 I didn't like.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

All buttoned up the model looks like a Gingham Sponge Bob.

@QueenDanceALot  ...

The stylist needs to be taken to the wood shed ...

@SoX

This might be one instance where those who are always saying that their jackets should be able to close wouldn't want them to.

Esteemed Contributor

It is too busy a pattern for me. If the gingham had been on just the trim, maybe but as it is, it's a no for me. I just don't think it would look good on me.

Honored Contributor

gingham is definitely not my thing.

i always found it more for young girls and even i did not dress my daughters in gingham, although at that time it was popular.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I like the Black better, but the zippered front is a deal breaker for me. Zippers and I just don’t get along. I avoid them whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

Just say no.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of gingham.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

True that. I'm more for plaids and never really picked ginghams for precisely this reason. If I did have to pick I would perhaps light neutrals like the first one. Less table-clothy.

Respected Contributor

Re: New IM Gingham Trench

[ Edited ]

[shrug] I don't think it's so horrible. Looks kind of Talbots to me, especially the black and white. Maybe you either like gingham or you don't (I do).

ETA: Just saw ... this year's Oprah Magazine collaboration with Talbots (benefits Dress for Success). All black and white! No gingham in the Oprah pieces, but they've combined them with other black and white Talbots items. I see a black/white gingham trench of some sort, as well as a gingham "jean jacket."

Talbots/Oprah Magazine Collection