Honored Contributor

New Gucci Leather Ankle Bracelet

Gucci has been mocked after debuting a leather ankle bracelet from its new collection that's reminiscent of an electronic tag.

The luxury fashion house, which recently showed off its Spring Summer 2020 collection at Milan Fashion Week, is known for boundary-pushing looks much loved by A-listers and royals.

But this latest design is a little more low-end with social media users comparing it to a tag worn by those recently released from jail.

Critics have accused the Italian fashion house of making their models look like prisoners, while others said the bracelet, which can be worn on the ankle or wrist, looks like a pouch for carrying bullets.

The bracelet is part of the brand's SS20 ready to wear collection and can carry a lipstick.

The designer hasn't announced how much the strap costs, but similar designs have previously retailed at around £350.

Gucci has been mocked after they debuted a shoe from their new collection which featured a leather ankle bracelet reminiscent of an electronic tag.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: New Gucci Leather Ankle Bracelet

173836.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet holy mother.

Esteemed Contributor

And I want this why?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gucci style is & has been over the top. It's not funny wearing an ankle bracelet as fashion. Who wants to look like you are under house arrest? Bad taste.

Trusted Contributor

Trashy and tasteless for anyone’s ankle. To dress the wrist . would the Gucci “bracelet” be half of a set of handcuffs?  Key sold separately? 

Honored Contributor

Mission accomplished by Gucci:

lots of buzz about the ankle "bracelet"

Respected Contributor

Just checked my calendar....it isn’t April Fool Day, but may be they are starting early !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I wonder who the lead designer for Gucci is? 

Maybe as a wrist bracelet it'd b OK.  Those shoes make my feet hurt just looking at them.  Very narrow w/an ill shaped pointed toe.  Just asking for foot problems wearing those things.  (You can tell I'm an old lady!!  haha)

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

Wow.  I wear ankle bracelets 3 seasons of the year, but I'll say no.Woman Wink