Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Obviously, it's not meant to be worn to the grocery store or to take the dog for a walk...lol  It's a dressy sweater for party or dinner out or to wear to an event with a long velvet skirt or for a girl's night out with embellished jeans.  It's not like during the winter we all live our lives outside in the cold or that we don't have winter coats that we take off when we get to inside.

You would wear that to a party with a long velvet skirt? You really would?

Honored Contributor

Re: New G.I.L.I Sweater

[ Edited ]

this definitely looks like a "real housewives" sweater.

it doesnt look bad at all and i can see this as nice party wear or dinner out wear. i dont like turtlenecks, so it is an easy pass for me.

to those that are buying, hope you love it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Different strokes. Like Jill said, it's not for everybody, but I thought it was cool and sexy without being overt. I would certainly wear it to a concert with jeans and some killer heels.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Obviously, it's not meant to be worn to the grocery store or to take the dog for a walk...lol  It's a dressy sweater for party or dinner out or to wear to an event with a long velvet skirt or for a girl's night out with embellished jeans.  It's not like during the winter we all live our lives outside in the cold or that we don't have winter coats that we take off when we get to inside.

You would wear that to a party with a long velvet skirt? You really would?

You betcha I would.  I am not into cookie cutter dressing.  I'd wear that sweater in jewel tone with a black velvet skirt.  Big drop earrings that coordinate with the sweater and a big axx cocktail ring.  I'd do the same look with soft wide leg black pants too.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

What a ridiculous looking sweater. What is God's name were they thinking? That has to be one of the most stupid designs ever conceived. All in mho of course.

LOL I had my husband put it on his TV and he couldn't stop laughing...asked me if I wanted one LOL!  

@tsavorite

My DH didn’t laugh, he just got an incredulous look on his face and remarked he thought it was stupid looking. I thought it looked good on Ade, but it is not something I would ever wear. 

Honored Contributor

That is a Soap Opera sweater. Enough said.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It looked really good on Ade. She had the black one on with a black pencil skirt and she looked darn sexy...but when doesn't she? Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee

Ade was the only one it didn't look completely offensive on. Very strange that it was just an arm but still felt like indecent exposure! Even my husband was creeped out by it

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

It looked really good on Ade. She had the black one on with a black pencil skirt and she looked darn sexy...but when doesn't she? Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee

Ade was the only one it didn't look completely offensive on. Very strange that it was just an arm but still felt like indecent exposure! Even my husband was creeped out by it

Black on black skin...maybe the least amount of contrast made it look right on her..? @Andreatoo

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee

Black on black skin...maybe the least amount of contrast made it look right on her..? @Andreatoo

@SilleeMee

Not sure but on the other 2 I felt the overwhelming need to avert my eyes! For an arm?! lol

Respected Contributor

Illogical and crazy. Plus it's unattractive.