Contributor

New Fashion Trend?

[ Edited ]

I see Amy Stran wearing her shirt half-tucked in again.  I've seen her and some other hosts and "assistants" do this in the past year or so. They tuck the front of their shirt in only, leaving the back hanging out.  Is this a fashion thing, a trend of some sort? I don't like it and will never do it, trend or not. It just looks sloppy.

BTW, love those TSV printed pants but my hips say no. Cat Surprised

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the look either, but then I can't tuck anything in. Besides my own body issues, it just looks odd to me.

And my belly says no to the TSV!  lol

Esteemed Contributor

This look has been trending for a couple of years. I really like it. It started out tucking only the middle front, and it has moved to either the right or left side. I think it is adorable, not sloppy, and do it whenever I'm wearing lower cut jeans or jeans-style capris. I used to tuck everything in, but this is easier, and offers a touch of youthfulness. I hope it stays for a few more seasons!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

This is more then a year or so.  Been that way for a long time.  I wear it my tops like that for quite a while.  In fact I've been wondering if it's on its way out.

Honored Contributor

hop over to the jcrew website their stylists show it all the time, looks cute, different.

Just a fashion moment

she looked nice last night

Respected Contributor

I think it looks fine on the younger set but if a mature women or man did it, people would just think they got distracted and forgot to tuck their shirt in.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the OP. Anyway, I never wear tops that tuck into my pants/skirts.

Respected Contributor

Not necessarily new, I've seen it for many years now.  I don't care for the look, it seems like someone is trying too hard to be obviously trendy.

Honored Contributor

j-crew.jpg

j crew 2.jpg

Which of these do you like? not like?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

The partial tuck was never my thing, and I'm tired of seeing it on others and used in fashion layouts.  It's time for fashion stylists to either start completely tucking or leaving tops untucked so that the trend will die.