Honored Contributor

Spending a week on Martha's Vineyard in June, not sure of what to expect weatherwise and what to bring, we will be in a house with out a washer dryer.

Thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox They always say if you don't like the weather in New England just wait a day and it will be different. Yesterday and today it was in the 50's. 

Even when it's warm I believe MV is always colder compared to mainland MA. So I would say definitely at least one warmer sweater, a rain jacket, and some long pants...not just shorts or dresses or whatever it is you like to wear. Plenty of shopping there too for anything you forget, but it will be mostly summer wear. I would bring a warm hoodie for the beach.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Spending a week on Martha's Vineyard in June, not sure of what to expect weatherwise and what to bring, we will be in a house with out a washer dryer.

Thanks all

based on the weather so far this year, a down jacket

sorry that's not helpful,  

just got home from Virginia and I am glad the eletric blankets are still on the bed

Honored Contributor

Thank you all

I am taking a fleece and a lighter jacket, One or two dresses for the night 3-4 pairs of crops and a variety of tops, as well as swimwear and coverups and daytime "dresses" which can double as beach cover ups

We are going by car which is good, I have been to Newport many times in the Summer as well as the Cape and I know it cools off after the sun goes down

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thank you all

I am taking a fleece and a lighter jacket, One or two dresses for the night 3-4 pairs of crops and a variety of tops, as well as swimwear and coverups and daytime "dresses" which can double as beach cover ups

We are going by car which is good, I have been to Newport many times in the Summer as well as the Cape and I know it cools off after the sun goes down

that sounds like a good plan

just keep a check on the forecast a week before so you can adjust you packing 

have a good time 

Respected Contributor

Think layers.  I’d bring many layers of thinner items, that I could wear together if it’s cool. Last year June was cool until the end.  I’d bring it all from a tank, short and long sleeve Ts, and some zip up jackets, of different weights.  If going to dinner, almost all places are pretty casual so I would not bring much fancy stuff. Just my suggestion and I’m near shoreline in CT. Sounds lovely, have nice time! 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21

Thank you I know myself - I should forget about the maxi dresses, we were down on the Jersey Shore last Summer, and I wore crops at night, even thought I brought two dresses with me. I am so excited this trip is to commemorate our 25 wedding anniversary which is this week. 

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Think layers.  I’d bring many layers of thinner items, that I could wear together if it’s cool. Last year June was cool until the end.  I’d bring it all from a tank, short and long sleeve Ts, and some zip up jackets, of different weights.  If going to dinner, almost all places are pretty casual so I would not bring much fancy stuff. Just my suggestion and I’m near shoreline in CT. Sounds lovely, have nice time! 

Honored Contributor

Generally the islands (Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket) are cooler in June because the water hasn't warmed up yet.  Be prepared for a wide range of temperatures.

Honored Contributor

I think todays TSV jacket might work well for the vacation, wish I could decide on which color I like

Respected Contributor

OXOx, Happy 25th Anniversary!  

A denim jacket is a great way to layer. The denim shades are more cas, the colors a little more attention - grabbing, the black and white are neutrals, in my view... Think on what   works with your wardrobe. Enjoy the vineyard. We were there a couple years ago and visited an alpaca farm ( I’m a knitter). It was adorable and fun.