Contributor

New Drinking Game: Everytime Jayne says POOL

We know you have a pool! Not trying to be mean, but every summer it gets old.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Drinking Game: Everytime Jayne says POOL

[ Edited ]

I'll have a mint julip ;0)

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Tanq & Tonic, please.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

It seems the hosts are under considerable pressure to be interesting and engaging (yes, I do realize how subjective those terms are J ).  Every vacation, every event, every piece of pie is discussed multiple times on TV and all over FB.  In fact, on FB, each host repeats the other host's posts, so you can potentially see the same story on any given day over 10 times, no joke!  I don't fault Jayne at all.  At least I certainly wouldn't single her out.  She said she wasn't taking a summer vacation away, so I guess this is her contribution

Honored Contributor

Oh my gosh, a QVC Drinking Game would be hilarious!!!! But I think there's not enough alcohol in the state for some of the phrases they use frequently. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Jayne has shown pictures of her property and it looks gorgeous.  I appreciate that she spent big $ to have her pool installed - I remember when she posted about it.

I suppose I'd talk about alot too.

That said, make mine a cosmo or two

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I agree with the person who said that the host's marching orders are to buddy up to us, be ouf bff's and "share" every single facet of their lives with us.  From what they ate for breakfast this morning to what color pj's they are going to wear tonight.  All the big things but also all the little inconsequential minitutae of their lives.  Oh!  See my lovely rhodendrum bush!  I'm sure they don't like it but it's the job.  So, Jane talks about her pool.  It might be a big deal to some people, it was when I was growing up.  But in this day and age; a lot of people have swimming pools...and they give parties.  I don't think Jane is bragging, she's just doing what the job requires, sharing. 

Honored Contributor

I'll have anything as long as there is an umbrella stuck in it.

Trusted Contributor

If it isn't the pool it's some other part of her life. I just want to know about the product... I don't give a flying pink elephant about anything else . People who brag bore me. Now I'll go find a bottle of wine with a straw and drink the whole thing. Pool Pool Pool
Respected Contributor

Having had a pool for years - moved when we retired - we now just have yard, gazebo and fire pit which we love - not so much upkeep - and I will join birdmama and have a Cosmo - or you can come over here under the gazebo. Cheers!