Valued Contributor

Re: New D.B. Coat Pics up...

On 8/31/2014 lavendar said:

HAPPY LADY: I always have a red coat. It seems to act like an antidepressant on the people who see me wearing it.

I'm concerned that it isn't the lipstick red I like but more like chili pepper. I like that too but not for outerwear. Asked Louis.

Good Mornin' Lavendar... You are a kindred soul with Sophia Loren. She was on the Johnny Carson show; looking gorgeous as usual; and he was literally staring at her. She reached into her pocket and pulled at a red silk handkerchief and commented that she always wears red somewhere on her body and always has a red jacket in her wardrobe. She commented she always wear red when it is raining to keep herself from being depressed. I do too and I think it works. When you go into a store on a rainy day people seem to perk up when they see a red jacket. Bet you look terrific.

Yes, I also was hoping he would do lipstick red instead of chili pepper (like but not as much as lipstick red) and charcoal gray instead of 2 blacks offered in the different styles. Hopefully before we get too old he will offer these colors.

Respected Contributor

HAPPY LADY: Thank you! I didn't know that about Sophia Loren. At one time I had so much red that I used to do a red wash! In the summer I add hot pink to my wardrobe. Didn't realize how much until a neighbor (who once was a buyer for Filene's) looked at me and said, "Red in the winter, hot pink in the summer."

One of my favorite Linea items is a three quarter length topper with gorgeous embroidery. It came in white, black, and fire engine red. I grabbed the red with black embroidery. I'm determined to wear it more this fall. I call it my"Doctor Zhivago" coat.

People do notice even though they don't comment. Two of my closest friends and I were talking about clothes and one said, "A knows fashion, she even has red gloves." I was floored because I had worn them at least three years before with a red coat to the ballet.

I'm constantly complimenting people but I realize the rest of the world isn't as vocal as I am.

Respected Contributor

Addendum re Johnny Carson. I just finished a biography of him done by one of his lawyers. He was a very unhappy man but he loved the ladies. Sophia Loren: major sexiness with a sweet undertone. He must have gone crazy!

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Seka said:
On 8/29/2014 helping said: I think the pea coat Jac wore in Persian Blue as a sneak peek on the last show might suit me better. Does anyone remember what item she was wearing with it so I can check the video? Thank you!

Here is a Pea Jacket from Gucci's Fall 2014 Collection for $2,200.

Gucci Wool-gabardine peacoat

Love everything about that jacket - cut, quality and color!!

Frequent Contributor

Lavendar....I have the same "Doctor Zhivago" coat in red! Holy Cow, that one gets a LOT of attention {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I did not wear it at all last year, due to weight gain. I have lost 15 lbs. since June, so I will be able to wear this one agin this fall/winter. Thank you for reminding me.

As far as the new coats...I am leaning towards the red and the green. Red--because I just can't get enough. Green--because I don't have a green coat, it is something to wear with the hunter pants and it would look fantastic with several D&B bags I have in natural. I've said it many times, THIS is the reason I have so many multiples with Linea! If I love something, I want one in every color and two in black! <---just kidding but seriously Louis makes it hard to have just one.

Respected Contributor

I think Louis said the 'brick red' coat photographed much brighter than it is. If so, I'll skip it. For some reason I didn't wear the Dr.Zhivago coat last year either. It got cold really fast last year and somehow it stayed in the closet. I'm going to make a list of favorites and make sure I wear them.