Frequent Contributor

Re: New Colors -Twig & Chili Pepper - Ponte Seamed Jacket A233182

On 3/24/2014 jazzbabe said:
On 3/24/2014 Sheesh said:
On 3/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 3/20/2014 Sheesh said:

JJM, I have three of them, but I only shortened mine. I love this skirt and it really was my summer uniform last year. I think it ran just a tad big, hence the returns---and then no reorder....darn! Did you say it was reordered? That was not my understanding, unless there was an update that I missed.

I wish the drawstring skirt HAD been reordered!! I wore a Small in that one-- got the Limoges blue and the black ones. Just ordered the white Small jacket and the XL skirt. Going to try and take it to my seamstress to see if she can take the skirt and alter it to the Small using maybe the Small as the template.

Keeping fingers crossed that it can be done. Kicking myself for not ordering the Large skirt when it was available!!

Let's keep asking Louis for this skirt to be reordered...maybe next year the PTB may relent. It's such a casual, comfortable skirt---I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed them last summer---I got the Black, Limoges and White skirts and jackets and the Black and White pants. Perfect every day or vacation clothes, mix and match--throw the skirt over a bathing suit to go for lunch---this is Summer Clothing at it's finest. Grab some Whisper Knit Tanks to go with---what's not to like?!!!

Yes I was really disappointed that the skirts weren't reordered. I have the black and blue and they were my go-to skirts last summer. I was sorry I didn't get the white.

Those who are disappointed about the skirt -- don't forget there is still the pants that went with that jacket (A233639). I have them and love them -- and there are still some sizes and colors left.

Honored Contributor

My white skirt arrived and staring at it, it looks to be an impossibility to alter into a Small. The pockets are the problem. A possible solution would be to create a new seam in the center back and alter the skirt from there. It looks like I would need at least 2" from each side off to create a Small. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Edited for spelling error.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Sheesh said:
On 3/20/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 3/20/2014 Sheesh said:

JJM, I have three of them, but I only shortened mine. I love this skirt and it really was my summer uniform last year. I think it ran just a tad big, hence the returns---and then no reorder....darn! Did you say it was reordered? That was not my understanding, unless there was an update that I missed.

I wish the drawstring skirt HAD been reordered!! I wore a Small in that one-- got the Limoges blue and the black ones. Just ordered the white Small jacket and the XL skirt. Going to try and take it to my seamstress to see if she can take the skirt and alter it to the Small using maybe the Small as the template.

Keeping fingers crossed that it can be done. Kicking myself for not ordering the Large skirt when it was available!!

Let's keep asking Louis for this skirt to be reordered...maybe next year the PTB may relent. It's such a casual, comfortable skirt---I just can't say enough about how much I enjoyed them last summer---I got the Black, Limoges and White skirts and jackets and the Black and White pants. Perfect every day or vacation clothes, mix and match--throw the skirt over a bathing suit to go for lunch---this is Summer Clothing at it's finest. Grab some Whisper Knit Tanks to go with---what's not to like?!!!

I'm SO hoping for a Chili Pepper skirt. I bought every color last year and wore them so much. Love!

Valued Contributor

On 3/25/2014 JustJazzmom said:

My white skirt arrived and staring at it, it looks to be an impossibility to alter into a Small. The pockets are the problem. A possible solution would be to create a new seam in the center back and alter the skirt from there. It looks like I would need at least 2" from each side off to create a Small. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

JJM, that's quite an alteration you're looking at there. Sounds like you'd have to remove the waistband and take in from the center on the front skirt but maybe just the sides on the back. You'd also have to alter the lining. More than I'd want to tackle but maybe a pro could do it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2014 Qulia said:
On 3/25/2014 JustJazzmom said:

JJM, that's quite an alteration you're looking at there. Sounds like you'd have to remove the waistband and take in from the center on the front skirt but maybe just the sides on the back. You'd also have to alter the lining. More than I'd want to tackle but maybe a pro could do it.

I ended up sending it back. Way too much trouble. I have put in a request for another drawstring skirt but maybe adding a back slit so it can be 'reordered'!Wink

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼