Not applicable

I can't waitSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Talbots bought the name. We will see if thy are any better than before.
Super Contributor
On 10/19/2014 Q2girl said: Talbots bought the name. We will see if thy are any better than before.

According to the Wall Street Journal .. Talbots, Lane Bryant, Forever21, The Limited and JJill have won bids to take over leases for the store locations.

http://blogs.wsj.com/bankruptcy/2014/07/14/your-closed-coldwater-creek-will-become/

This morning's Coeur d'Alene Press reports that New York-based equity firm Sycamore Partners has purchased the Coldwater Creek brand and other intellectual property from CWC Direct LLC. The amount was undisclosed. Sycamore has previously purchased several company brands including Hot Topic, Aeropostale, Jones New York, the Kasper Group, MGF Sourcing and Talbots, adding up to more than $3.5 billion in assets.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/archives/2014/06/11/coldwater-creek-sells-its-brand-to-new-york-...

Apparently, Sycamore owns Talbots brand and other and now Coldwater Creek brand.

Valued Contributor

When things are ""brought back"" they are either cheaper or more expensive. Which do you think it will be?

Honored Contributor
On 10/19/2014 willdob3 said:

It is not the same store. Not the same people. Not the same clothes. Time will tell if what they offer will be nice.

Thank goodness is its not the same people! I shopping in a CC last winter and was quite taken aback with all of their salespeople. Frankly they all seemed to be on very, very strong coffee! Their selling tactics were quite obnoxious! These women got me nervous with all of their running, trying to help, questions, questions, questions!! I couldn't wait to get out of there!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I would bet that at least 90% of my clothes are CWC. I'm excited and can't wait for November. I ordered online because they didn't have the small sizes at our store. The store was lovely with a waterfall..I miss it so much!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor
On 10/20/2014 ID2 said:
On 10/19/2014 willdob3 said:

It is not the same store. Not the same people. Not the same clothes. Time will tell if what they offer will be nice.

Thank goodness is its not the same people! I shopping in a CC last winter and was quite taken aback with all of their salespeople. Frankly they all seemed to be on very, very strong coffee! Their selling tactics were quite obnoxious! These women got me nervous with all of their running, trying to help, questions, questions, questions!! I couldn't wait to get out of there!

They are not going to have B&M stores so there won't be any of those people at all. I was referring to the owners being different. The only thing at all the same is the name "Coldwater Creek."

I loved the sales associates at my local Coldwater Creek. They were never pushy, always honest. They made good suggestions, told me when things looked good & had no problem telling me when something did not look good on me. I miss that; no other store I shop at has employees that friendly & helpful.

Honored Contributor

just a FYI......the site is up with limited items. they are currently running a special on their pants and jeans (buy 1 get 1 half off + free shipping).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I liked the ""old"" CWC and will definitely check in to see how the ""new"" incarnation rates. I loved shopping their online selection and was particularly fond of their clearance steals. I got some great deals online! Hope the new CWC measures up!

Trusted Contributor

They have free shipping & free returns. But I don't see anything that I like, esp. at those prices! Hopefully it will get better w/Spring fashions.