Esteemed Contributor

I just got an email saying that Coldwater Creek Direct will launch in November. I know some of you were upset when the stores closed.

Clipped from the email

THE NEW COLDWATER CREEK

We’re launching Coldwater Creek Direct in November and can’t wait to show you what’s new. We’ll be bringing back the favorite styles you loved and literally lived in, introducing inspiring new fashion that’s specially designed to work with your life, and making every day even more special with sophisticated, unexpected details. We’re offering our famously rich jewel tone palette, returned to our dressier side, and reimagined a closet full of lusciously soft, wonderful styles for the holidays and beyond. Misses, Petites, and Women’s Plus sizes available.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Thank you. That's nice to know.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Interesting. Their jeans fit me really well, so I am glad to hear this. I'll be looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. Thanks for the tip, betteb!

BTW, how many of you remember when CC was just a quirky catalog?

Esteemed Contributor
On 10/19/2014 Vamp said:

Interesting. Their jeans fit me really well, so I am glad to hear this. I'll be looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. Thanks for the tip, betteb!

BTW, how many of you remember when CC was just a quirky catalog?

I remember the catalog.

I'm hoping when they comeback online they will bring back their old quality. Towards the end, before they closed the stores, I felt the quality really went down hill.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

And I hope their is some consistency in sizing. Without the ability to try on the clothing I see spending a fortune returning items. As long as I could return to the store I didn't mind. They better offer some good shipping deals or I won't be chancing it. I was a huge CC shopper but soured on the quality and consistency of sizing.

Honored Contributor

It is not the same store. Not the same people. Not the same clothes. Time will tell if what they offer will be nice.

Contributor

I believe I read somewhere that Talbot's bought the Coldwater Creek name and customer info a few months ago.

Super Contributor
On 10/19/2014 milly said:

And I hope their is some consistency in sizing. Without the ability to try on the clothing I see spending a fortune returning items. As long as I could return to the store I didn't mind. They better offer some good shipping deals or I won't be chancing it. I was a huge CC shopper but soured on the quality and consistency of sizing.

I so agree with you. I have so many nice things from Coldwater Creek but I don't think I'll be ordering much from them because of the inconsistency in sizing. I hate to have to pay to ship something back. I remember the time in the store when I tried on the same pair of jeans in the same size in two different colors and one fit and the other pair didn't. When I commented to the sales associate, she told me that happens a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

They have a Facebook page up and running.

https://www.facebook.com/ColdwaterCreek

Contributor

The name, if not the actual fashion designs, of Coldwater Creek may be resurrected, after a New York private equity company said it has purchased some of the assets of the Sandpoint-based retailer that filed for bankruptcy and shut down operations earlier this spring.

Sycamore Partners has acquired Coldwater Creek’s brand names, company trademarks, website and some intellectual property, said Jim Bell, Coldwater Creek’s chief operating officer. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.

The company said in a news release it plans to relaunch Coldwater Creek as a retail brand, possibly later this year.