Respected Contributor

Im sitting here in my new COMFY sweatshirt and I had to take it off.  It stinks!!!  My eyes were burning and throat and got a headache.  This happens every so often. Off to the wash it goes.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@rms1954 

Is your item black?

No.  Blue denim

Honored Contributor

When did the Holiday return policy start?  If you can send them back, send them back.  They are brand new jeans, you should not have to jump through 100 hoops and pay money to get rid of smell that shouldn't be there.  Honestly, I don't know why you did all that stuff anyway.  I find that bizarre. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

When did the Holiday return policy start?  If you can send them back, send them back.  They are brand new jeans, you should not have to jump through 100 hoops and pay money to get rid of smell that shouldn't be there.  Honestly, I don't know why you did all that stuff anyway.  I find that bizarre. 

I find your constant snarking to be bizarre. 

Honored Contributor

I've never actually tried this but I've heard you can wrap or stuff your garment in newspaper and it will absorb odors.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@rms1954 

Is your item black?

No.  Blue denim

@rms1954 

Dark wash?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@rms1954 

Is your item black?

No.  Blue denim

@rms1954 

Dark wash?

Mid.  The step lighter from dark. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

As bizarre as it may seem to you, I just tried to do what I felt was reasonable.  I figured once I washed them all would be well and after all, I did wait quite a while before wearing them.  Honestly, you could have left out that last remark.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all who took the time to provide a possible solution.  I did go on FB and sent a private message, and they were very understanding and provided a refund and canceled future flex pays.  Said no need to return.

As a side note, I checked the reviews and there were many comments regarding stiffness of material, bad fit, and a bad smell.  So at least I know it wasn't just me.

Frequent Contributor

The smell in new clothing is usually from formaldehyde which China uses to help preserve the clothing.  They use formaldehyde to make clothing more stain and wrinkle resistant but sometimes the manufacturer may have used too much and hence the smell remains even when jeans are allegedly prewashed.   Your  Washing helps a little  but rinsing in baking soda first is better because the baking soda helps absorb more of it.  Use a salt/water/lemon bath though to soak and then push against aluminum foil or some other metal and that will help to neutralize it more chemically.