Trusted Contributor

Re: New CNN Report Today 9/16 On Joan's Death: Link to CNN Attached for Authentication

Can you people just let Joan rest in peace? As with any surgical procedure, you are always at risk. Joan, after all her procedures, must have realized that.
Valued Contributor

Re: New CNN Report Today 9/16 On Joan's Death: Link to CNN Attached for Authentication

My husband and I watched CNN Anderson Cooper 360 tonight, and saw the Joan River's segment. How incredibly sad!!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 willomenia said: Can you people just let Joan rest in peace? As with any surgical procedure, you are always at risk. Joan, after all her procedures, must have realized that.

Part of the investigation is reporting that a procedure was done on Joan while under anethesia that she didn't sign off on. I think that needs to be reported.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 funwun said:
On 9/16/2014 DARING GREATLY said:

I was trying to pass along information from a reliable news network. It's "authenticated" in that I had a link that detailed the story so people here wouldn't think I was making it up. Who knows the facts, I'm just glad a news station is keeping this story alive.

My parents died at the hands of incompetent doctors. I appreciate the investigation!!!!

DG, I'm sure this is an issue near and dear to your heart and I am very sorry for your loss. I'm clear your intention is good in trying to share some relevant information in the investigation of Joan's death.

funwun... thank you for your kind and sensitive comments. I appreciate your compassion.

Esteemed Contributor

Joan's personal ENT doctor taking a selfie while Joan is under anesthesia? OMG is all I gotta say!

Honored Contributor

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/showbiz/joan-rivers-clinic/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Anderson Cooper had a whole segment on this story. Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's legal analyst, thinks the Rivers' family "should seek legal advice for malpractice."

Thank you for starting this thread. I know that losing Joan very suddenly is a shock to those of us that felt close to her through watching her so many years. I am sad that you received negative responses. They were not necessary.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Tissyanne said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/showbiz/joan-rivers-clinic/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Anderson Cooper had a whole segment on this story. Jeffrey Toobin, CNN's legal analyst, thinks the Rivers' family "should seek legal advice for malpractice."

Thank you for starting this thread. I know that losing Joan very suddenly is a shock to those of us that felt close to her through watching her so many years. I am sad that you received negative responses. They were not necessary.

Tissyanne.... You are so kind. Thank you for your support and understanding. I am not trying to start "rumors." I think when they are at their best, CNN has reported on stories that end up getting attention and further follow-up. I think Joan deserves an investigation and her death isn't taken lightly or forgotten about.

Thank you again for being so caring.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 shoppergrl said: Other news outlets are reporting that the doctor took a selfie before he began the unauthorized procedure. This information is part of the investigative report being prepared by the state.

We don't know what is in the state's report. Other news outlets are reporting this with CNN as their source. None of this has been verified. Think of how hurtful it must be to Joan's family to have these never ending rumors reported as fact just because the public wants to know ""something"".

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Valued Contributor

I suspect that knowing your Mother did not have to die is what would be the most hurtful. For me what would be important is that the truth come out. Joan lived her life in the public
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 shoppergrl said: I suspect that knowing your Mother did not have to die is what would be the most hurtful. For me what would be important is that the truth come out. Joan lived her life in the public
So very true. Well said.