Esteemed Contributor

New Brand on the Q: Whitney Port. Love child of G.I.L.I. and Lisa Rinna

There are a few pieces in new arrivals, but no product page yet. Don't know about the quality, but the prices seem really good.

Here are two pieces that sort of illustrate the line:

a267187_082.jpg

a267221.jpg

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Brand on the Q: Whitney Port. Love child of G.I.L.I. and Lisa Rinna

I had to go to Wiki to find out who Whitney Port was, don't watch enough TV I guess. I, too, thought the items were priced lower than I expected them to be. I would def try the striped midi dress if it had long sleeves, but I am done with sleeveless for the year as the snow will be flying soon enough.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I had to go to Wiki to find out who Whitney Port was, don't watch enough TV I guess. I, too, thought the items were priced lower than I expected them to be. I would def try the striped midi dress if it had long sleeves, but I am done with sleeveless for the year as the snow will be flying soon enough.

Hah! I too didn't know who she was. Pretty, romantic, flowing clothes. I think she'll do well here.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw some of her new arrivals. The fringy kimono is something I saw offered for months in my local Meijer under the name Black Rainn (off shoot from Daniel Rainn).

Whitney has a new woven tiered blouse

Whitney Port Double Layer Woven Tank

I'm getting ready to head out the door and buy one at my local meijer $20.

Edited to add - the blouse I am buying isn't open in the back. 

The looks are out there for significantly less :-) 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

It would be really nice if QVC would focus more on good design and good designers and less on celebrity names and peoples' preoccupation with them.  Clearly, most people have to look up this person's name to know her connections.......and why should we expect good design from her?

No interest.

Esteemed Contributor

She is/was a friend of a gal that was on the reality show The Hills some years ago Lauren somebody. Then she and Lauren had a show can't remember the name where they attended fashion school in LA and interned in a high end shop. Sorry this is so vague, but I'm trying to pull this from the depths of my brain - lol

Super Contributor

As I recall, they both worked for Teen Vogue and then went on to work for People's Revolution a PR firm.  I think Whitney took a position with the Diane Von Furstenburg design house and at some point worked with Joe Zee.  Perhaps he Joe Zee connection brought her to QVC.

Super Contributor

Same old styles--high neck tops, form fitting dresses & leggings...ugh

Honored Contributor

Whitney has been on realty shows for a few years.  She has been in design for quite a few years and has been friends with Lauren Conrad who has a very successful clothing and accessory line at Kohl's, among other things.  I have read that Whitney has a higher end line called, I believe, Whitney Eve.  I always thought Whitney seemed a very personable and sweet young woman, as well as being very beautiful and very talented.  I hope her line does well.  And, of course, with her figure and face, anything looks great on her!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin