Trusted Contributor

Re: New AG jeans Japanese denim cigarette

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree   It's a cigarette and no it's not the same as their previous Prima.  I already purchased the new "B2" cigarette.  It has a better fit, more tailored.  Not the same.  Prima cigarette is cut different.

And slim straight is a different cut than cigarette.

cigarette: 11.5" leg opening, slim straight's are13.5".

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

It's there. First the price is slashed 30%.  Then when you go to checkout another 30% comes off automatically.  Are you signed in?    

Yes, I signed in and got as far as the payment section.  The checkout price reflected only the original markdown price + tax.  So I x'd out.  I didn't want the item w/o the xtra discount.  hmmmpfff - ???

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN  This is so nuts I even left my home and came back 2 hours later to decide if I wanted the jeans.  The deal was still available later afternoon.  Might have been all day.  Weirdest thing ever, ugh!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@jellyBEAN  This is so nuts I even left my home and came back 2 hours later to decide if I wanted the jeans.  The deal was still available later afternoon.  Might have been all day.  Weirdest thing ever, ugh!

Yes, could have just been a certain window of time for the xtra discount.  I saw the email from AG in my inbox this morning, but I ignored it figuring I really don't need anything.  But after seeing all the posts I'd figure I'd check it out and that's when I saw that blue corderoy jacket.  I luv corderoy and I don't have a corderoy jacket and if I could get it for a good price, I figured I'd treat myself.  Oh well....if I dream about it tonight maybe it will still be there tomorrow.  But of course, I'd like the additional discount!!  Woman Frustrated

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

Yes, could have just been a certain window of time for the xtra discount.  I saw the email from AG in my inbox this morning, but I ignored it figuring I really don't need anything.  But after seeing all the posts I'd figure I'd check it out and that's when I saw that blue corderoy jacket.  I luv corderoy and I don't have a corderoy jacket and if I could get it for a good price, I figured I'd treat myself.  Oh well....if I dream about it tonight maybe it will still be there tomorrow.  But of course, I'd like the additional discount!!  Woman Frustrated

@jellyBEAN  It's a pretty shade of blue that's for sure!  I would randomly check site tomorrow throughout the day, you never know.   Or fingers crossed a better deal around Christmas time will come around for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@Pink123  I got the same style, but the off black   this one.  I'm getting it next Wednesday.

I also wanted this one.....but it's NOT on sale.  It's also at Shopbop, but not on sale.  I don'e know why  It's called Grey Light

The Prima Ankle

@songbird  I just checked.  The bottom one from Shopbop is not the new "Faye".  It's the old "prima" plus it looks like raw edge seam on bottom too.

Their 2 different jeans plus the 2nd pic "prima" is called "superstretch fabric" and not the 98/2% cotton japanese denim of "Faye". I would stay away if I were you.

The above gray "Faye" wash is nice too!  Light wash you can probably get in a store.  The deal goes until tomorrow night.

Yes I kow it's totally different.  But it had an edgy look to it.  I buy edgy jeans too, LOL.  I got my $67.37 jeans (that was oringianlly over $200.00) yesterday.  I love it. fit's perfectly.  It's the one with a double yoke.  From 3X1.  Now that was a sale!  30% off everything, including the sale items!  Check out 3X1.  I got my first pair when I was at their  factory at Soho, New York.  

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@chrystaltree   It's a cigarette and no it's not the same as their previous Prima.  I already purchased the new "B2" cigarette.  It has a better fit, more tailored.  Not the same.  Prima cigarette is cut different.

My only comment, because I don't ever see how these jeans are any different than what I see elsewhere, is that these cuts/leg openings vary a lot from brand to brand. That's how I took the comment to which you are referring -- I didn't think the reference was to this particular brand, just to the "look" in general (which, in some brands, would be called slim straight) and how it wasn't anything particularly new and groundbreaking.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

My only comment, because I don't ever see how these jeans are any different than what I see elsewhere, is that these cuts/leg openings vary a lot from brand to brand. That's how I took the comment to which you are referring -- I didn't think the reference was to this particular brand, just to the "look" in general (which, in some brands, would be called slim straight) and how it wasn't anything particularly new and groundbreaking.

A lot of people ask that.  There is a big difference.  The cotton is high quality (Supima.)  Cheap jeans from Asia combine cotton with synthetic fibers.  It's legal in places like China to do this. These jeans are made in the U.S. great quality denim from Japan.  The content of these jeans are usually 80-90% cotton with the rest stretch.  The workers are union paid and very skilled.   The color of these jeans are much better then the cheap ones. High end jeans do break ground.  The cheap jeans copy them. They conform to your body better.  You still have to stuggle in cheaper jeans.  The waist still gaps etc. 

There is no point in saying that.  You buy what you want to buy.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

A lot of people ask that.  There is a big difference.  The cotton is high quality (Supima.)  Cheap jeans from Asia combine cotton with synthetic fibers.  It's legal in places like China to do this. These jeans are made in the U.S. great quality denim from Japan.  The content of these jeans are usually 80-90% cotton with the rest stretch.  The workers are union paid and very skilled.   The color of these jeans are much better then the cheap ones. High end jeans do break ground.  The cheap jeans copy them. They conform to your body better.  You still have to stuggle in cheaper jeans.  The waist still gaps etc. 

There is no point in saying that.  You buy what you want to buy.  

@songbird, first of all, I inferred that @jonbon was speaking primarily about the appearance of jeans.

Second, if your so-called premium jeans are more often than not a blend of cotton and spandex these days, you really can't diss other brands that might add a synthetic to the mix.

Third, whether someone has to "struggle" with fit of jeans or any other aspect of fit has no bearing on the brand. I don't struggle with my J. Crew jeans but might with another brand. Same for gaps.

And finally, please show me that all "premium" jeans use only union workers. And do union workers produce the denim from Japan or elsewhere?

Enjoy your jeans. But there is no need to keep telling us that if we don't pay an exorbitant price for them, we are wearing cheap and inferior clothing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, just checked AG site and "faye" is just about sold out.  Only a handful left in your off black @songbird, and the distressed blue one available. Other shades gone.  My light blue's shipped and hope they don't disappoint!