Honored Contributor

3X1 jeans have come out with a new collection.  The emphasis is straight leg and "clean" (as in no destroyed look)  High waist and leg openings around 12"-13"  Inseams run from 29" to 30"  I like this one The Higher Ground Jesse.  It has a double yoke Hopefully you can see.  29" inseam which is fine for me and a 12" leg opening.

This is the one I have have The Stevie.  It has a 30"inseam  13" leg opening    10" rise which I love.

All of them are are offered on Quad Pay (like QVC's easy pay) in 4 interest free payments 

Honored Contributor

@songbirdI like that look.  Enjoy yours.

I'm not in the market for new jeans right now but your post taught me I need to measure the leg opening on what's already in my closet.  Thanks for that lesson. 

Honored Contributor

Nice but there's no shortage of clean, slim straight leg jeans anyhere you shop.  They are everywhere, at every price point.  

Honored Contributor

They look more like skinny or slim leg jeans to me. They are awfully tight in the leg to be called straight. JMO

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

They look more like skinny or slim leg jeans to me. They are awfully tight in the leg to be called straight. JMO

You're right, @wilma. That's probably the reason I'm attracted to them, although I have enough skinny jeans to open up a skinny jeans store. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Nice but there's no shortage of clean, slim straight leg jeans anyhere you shop.  They are everywhere, at every price point.  

I have to admit . . . whenever the OP posts the latest from these high-end denim lines, I find myself thinking that they look like jeans I see everywhere. I am far from a denim connoisseur, and I know that for those who are interested in the things that make some of these garments "premium," there is a difference. But to me, they don't look like anything special. Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I have to admit . . . whenever the OP posts the latest from these high-end denim lines, I find myself thinking that they look like jeans I see everywhere. I am far from a denim connoisseur, and I know that for those who are interested in the things that make some of these garments "premium," there is a difference. But to me, they don't look like anything special. Smiley Embarassed

@jonbon, I could not agree more. Maybe it's a collector's thing, though. Collectors do home in on the fine details that others either miss or, more likely, don't give a hoot about.

I am perfectly happy with J. Crew jeans, so much so that I have deemed them to be "premium."  :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@songbirdI like that look.  Enjoy yours.

I'm not in the market for new jeans right now but your post taught me I need to measure the leg opening on what's already in my closet.  Thanks for that lesson. 

Skinny jeans have leg openings of 9"-10"  They follow the leg from the hip to the ankle.   Slim jeans follow the legs like the skinny but the leg opening is about 12" and they are a litttle loser.  Some slim jeans are called relaxed skinny.  Straight jeans follow the leg up to the calf.  At that point it drops straight.  Leg opening usually are 12-14"  I think leg openings are just as important as the size or style. 

Though I used to wear skinny jeans all the time (I have slim legs and they are the only legs to wear skinny, otherwise they don't look so good) I now wear slim and straight, and flares. I never wear boot cut.  They are the only jeans I don't wear.  I just like good quality jeans that are made in the U.S.   They are expensive because of the care of how they are made, quality of the denim and unions that give garment workers good wages. That's just my preference.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops Me too, I can never remember to do it. I am at least going to write it down now. LOL

Honored Contributor

I really like the third photo with the lighter wash.  They look like jeans and not a second skin.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength