Respected Contributor

Far too many never worn items get donated by me.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Yes, numerous things but I end up donating them.

If I like something, I tended to buy additional of the same item, maybe in a different color. But between retiring and Covid, I don't socialize like I used to. And I tend to wear the same clothing. I rarely wear my nicer clothes. So I do purges of my closet and drawers and donate all the unworn clothing.

@drizzellla 

I like to stock up on short and long sleeve tees. Sometimes I buy several in various colors and prints even though I might not need them right away. 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Lots of stuff.

Many of the things that I like to wear aren’t easily found, so when I see these pieces I buy them.

And I buy multiples of my faves just in case there’s a “fave famine.” 😀

@ALRATIBA 

I like to buy multiples of items too, especially simple tops and tees that I wear frequently. I also buy multiple pairs of pants and jeans when I find a good fit because that's always a challenge for me. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

Yes, numerous things but I end up donating them.

If I like something, I tended to buy additional of the same item, maybe in a different color. But between retiring and Covid, I don't socialize like I used to. And I tend to wear the same clothing. I rarely wear my nicer clothes. So I do purges of my closet and drawers and donate all the unworn clothing.

@drizzellla 

I like to stock up on short and long sleeve tees. Sometimes I buy several in various colors and prints even though I might not need them right away. 

Yes!

I do that all the time. In fact the top I am wearing right now, I bought 2 in the same color. I always seem to  spill something when I eat. Sometimes the stain comes out sometimes, espcially tomato sauce, it does not. SO, if I buy more than one, I still have one in the color and style I want.

Honored Contributor

Who me?  I thought this sure doesn't apply to me.  Then just this morning I was lookingj for something to wear to town and voila, there was a One World layered top in airy blues, with tag still attached.  I've switched completely to Kim Gravel in my purchases, maybe I should re-consider all that One World in my closet.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Sometimes I take the tags off too quickly. Then I decide I don't like the fit or don't really need the item....too late to return them.

@Shanus 

I've done that a few times myself. 🥴

Honored Contributor

Re: Never Worn Clothing?

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

At the beginning of the pandemic Macy's had some killer sales. I bought several dressy items in smaller sizes than I wore at the time, determined to eventually fit into and wear them.

@queendiva 

Yes! Lots of low prices on clothing during the lockdown. I bought a few things from Macy's and other retailers last year. I'm still seeing great deals on clothing. Makes it very tempting to buy even when I don't really need it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan in California wrote:

@wilma 

Your question really hit home with me.  I am in a stage of life with lots of changes. 

I have many, many, many items of clothing that have never been worn.  I have a large drawer with items still in packaging.  I also have shoes in boxes that have never been worn. 

I am hoping that I can come to the realization that it is time to stop buying.

I feel a little sad about it all.  But I guess this is life as we

age and life changes.

Right now, we are awaiting the arrival of family members which includes three of our four grandchildren.  I am so glad the their parents have plans to take the young ones on many outings in our area.  I just don't have the

desire I used to have or the energy. 

I am wearing new AnyBody joggers as well as a jason Wu

top right now.  I like looking put together, but the days of

needing so many articles of clothing are definitely in the rear-view mirror.

@Susan in California 

I think it's fairly normal for our wardrobes to change as we grow, age, and our lives change. I had to retire early due to some health issues so my wardrobe has also changed some. I don't have as many work related separates anymore. I kept a few for church & events that require something nicer then jeans. 

Enjoy your time with your grandchildren! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

This is a very first for me...

I have two things, both dresses, one is a black wrap dress, that I purchased probably 5 years ago!!  It's a tad low cut and dressy.  I probably bought it for church and now things are so casual I would feel out of place wearing it.  

The other is a dress for summer, not overly dressy but not casual that I purchased during the lockdown last year.

Tags are still hanging on both dresses.

@Mom2Dogs 

Perhaps you could wear your black wrap dress to church for Christmas? I tend to see more people at church dressed up for Christmas and Easter. If it still fits and you like it, I would definitely hold onto it. A wrap dress is a classic you could dress up or down for many different events. If it's too low, you could try a camisole under it. I do that with some of my wrap dresees. 

I sing at my church weekly so I have several dresses and nice separates I wear for that. There are people who are dressed more casually at my church too. We definitely are a more causally dressed society now, but I still dress up for church and other things. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@wilma  I have several new dresses hanging in my closet with the tags still attached.  I bought them either when I found them on sale or saw some that I really liked and figured I better buy it while I see it.  Haven't had the opportunity to wear them yet for a couple of reasons. I wear a uniform to work so right there that is the brunt of my attire and with the pandemic, haven't gone out to many places where they would be appropriate.  

They are a little too dressy for Publix and Home Depot.  😅 👗

@SloopJohnB 

I understand that. I used to stop by my grocery sometimes after Sunday church so I was wearing dresses, skirts, or nice trousers with heels. I got some interesting  looks. 🤔