Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

sadly, yes.  

in 2019 i suffered a ruptured bowel, which required 3 surgeries and an almost year long recuperation.  then in 2020, covid hit, so we didn't go anywhere.  this year, once things started opening up again, i decided to order a bathing suit on amazon.  i got to go to the beach ONE tiME in 2019 before i became layed up.  so, anyway, i ordered the one bathing suit and it fit SO GOOD and i LOVED it, so i ordered a second one !!!   then i was diagnosed with lung cancer, in june, and i'm undergoing chemo now ... most likely with radiation to follow.   who knows when i will be able to wear that suit.  but i am determined.  i will get to the other side of this one way or the other and get to wear that suit !!!  sorry to go on so long, but honestly, i have been mourning my lost day at the beach.  

@fancy pantsy, I am so very sorry for all you are going through.  I wish you all the very best, that your health be restored.  In the meantime, I will be praying for you and hoping you will post updates on your treatments.  Sending you a huge hug across the miles!

Pam

Esteemed Contributor

At the beginning of the pandemic Macy's had some killer sales. I bought several dressy items in smaller sizes than I wore at the time, determined to eventually fit into and wear them.

Today, a couple of the tops are a bit large and the dresses fit or will fit before year's end. 

I just tried them on last week. One of the dresses I will likely wear to a formal wedding next month. Success!

As I will be replacing most of my fall/winter wardrobe in the coming months.I am determined to buy a lot fewer clothes in the future: a lesson learned during lockdown.

I am trying to purchase  a lot less from QVC, too, with mixed results. Limiting most clothing purchases to the occasional LTS items.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

sadly, yes.  

in 2019 i suffered a ruptured bowel, which required 3 surgeries and an almost year long recuperation.  then in 2020, covid hit, so we didn't go anywhere.  this year, once things started opening up again, i decided to order a bathing suit on amazon.  i got to go to the beach ONE tiME in 2019 before i became layed up.  so, anyway, i ordered the one bathing suit and it fit SO GOOD and i LOVED it, so i ordered a second one !!!   then i was diagnosed with lung cancer, in june, and i'm undergoing chemo now ... most likely with radiation to follow.   who knows when i will be able to wear that suit.  but i am determined.  i will get to the other side of this one way or the other and get to wear that suit !!!  sorry to go on so long, but honestly, i have been mourning my lost day at the beach.  

@fancy pantsy, I am so very sorry for all you are going through.  I wish you all the very best, that your health be restored.  In the meantime, I will be praying for you and hoping you will post updates on your treatments.  Sending you a huge hug across the miles!

Pam

thank you @PamfromCT  ... much appreciated

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@fancy pantsy   I do hope you do well and get to the pool or beach to wear those suits. Heart

thank you @Shanus .  my two goals are #1 to FINALLY be able to take a grandchild to disneyworld (she will be 3 tomorrow and i've never been healthy enough, or safe enough to do that ).... and #2 to go to the beach FINALLY.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@fancy pantsy, sending good thoughts your way. Stay strong.

thank you so much @RetRN ! 

Valued Contributor

Just a few items.  I bought some things that really appealed to me during the pandemic for when it is over.  It kept me hopeful.  

Respected Contributor

@wilma yes I have unused clothing...waiting fo fit into them.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

A sparkly black gown that I bought just because I liked it and it was a great deal. It was also a pick me up during a really tough time in my life. I had never owned anything like it, and fantasized about having somewhere to wear it.

I will probably sell it some time in the near future.

i can't stop thinking about this post @Greeneyedlady21 .  i wish i could magically come up with an event for you to wear that dress to.   

Trusted Contributor

@wilma 

Your question really hit home with me.  I am in a stage of life with lots of changes. 

I have many, many, many items of clothing that have never been worn.  I have a large drawer with items still in packaging.  I also have shoes in boxes that have never been worn. 

I am hoping that I can come to the realization that it is time to stop buying.

I feel a little sad about it all.  But I guess this is life as we

age and life changes.

Right now, we are awaiting the arrival of family members which includes three of our four grandchildren.  I am so glad the their parents have plans to take the young ones on many outings in our area.  I just don't have the

desire I used to have or the energy. 

I am wearing new AnyBody joggers as well as a jason Wu

top right now.  I like looking put together, but the days of

needing so many articles of clothing are definitely in the rear-view mirror.

Honored Contributor

This is a very first for me...

I have two things, both dresses, one is a black wrap dress, that I purchased probably 5 years ago!!  It's a tad low cut and dressy.  I probably bought it for church and now things are so casual I would feel out of place wearing it.  

The other is a dress for summer, not overly dressy but not casual that I purchased during the lockdown last year.

Tags are still hanging on both dresses.