Honored Contributor

Re: Need to vent about prices!!

I saw an interesting IM zip up cardigan in nice colors.  When I saw the price was over $60, there was no way.  I would rather spend that on a similar item from Talbots and know that I'm getting good quality.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It's not the prices, it's your own personal financial situation.  If you can't afford something that doesn't mean it's too expensive...lol  Like it or not, people actually have different income levels. 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's not the prices, it's your own personal financial situation.  If you can't afford something that doesn't mean it's too expensive...lol  Like it or not, people actually have different income levels. 

@Not always true @chrystaltree.  Like @castlenv said, which is my position too...  We can afford a $70 tee shirt, but believe $70 for a tee shirt is too expensive and unjustifiable. For those who don't mind spending $70 on a tee shirt.... fine. It goes against my sensibilities and idea of what is an appropriate amount of money for a tee shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

When I see that an item is being offered under $50, I'm not expecting to see 49.96.   Saving four cents isn't going to help me.  The sales tax is going to push the price over 50 bucks.

I wish QVC would stop using this sales lurer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself many times over.  My friend always teases me about all of my Diamonique jewelry I always wear.  She says, "Annabelle, you're going to get robbed!  People are going to think it is real and rob you".

I say, "Don't worry because if they come upon someone wearing Lori Goldstein's tops they'll rob that person because you can't just wear on top (way too thin) you have to wear maybe 3 at a time...that adds up to close to $175 or more, probably more"!  

That's my gripe.  They are so think you MUST wear more than one.  I'm always hot so I'd be peeling off the clothes and get arrested.  One way or another I'd be scr&wed.

This is America....we are capitalists (in case you didn't realize).  There are people who don't mind paying $59-69$ for the tops.  If people pay it, QVC will keep selling it.

As far as Susan Graver, I've noticed her clothes are getting expensive compared to the brick and mortar (this is what my friend says, I don't know for sure).

I own some Susan Graver tops and really like them, but they are getting expensive.

Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

With QVC, it's price gouging. Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

Two different things.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

At the risk of repeating myself many times over.  My friend always teases me about all of my Diamonique jewelry I always wear.  She says, "Annabelle, you're going to get robbed!  People are going to think it is real and rob you".

I say, "Don't worry because if they come upon someone wearing Lori Goldstein's tops they'll rob that person because you can't just wear on top (way too thin) you have to wear maybe 3 at a time...that adds up to close to $175 or more, probably more"!  

That's my gripe.  They are so think you MUST wear more than one.  I'm always hot so I'd be peeling off the clothes and get arrested.  One way or another I'd be scr&wed.

This is America....we are capitalists (in case you didn't realize).  There are people who don't mind paying $59-69$ for the tops.  If people pay it, QVC will keep selling it.

As far as Susan Graver, I've noticed her clothes are getting expensive compared to the brick and mortar (this is what my friend says, I don't know for sure).

I own some Susan Graver tops and really like them, but they are getting expensive.

Capitalism is an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

With QVC, it's price gouging. Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

Two different things.

@qbetzforreal - Nope, it's not price gouging.  Like it or not, their prices are in line with at least one of their competitors, that being HSN.  QVC is not the only source for products and nobody has to purchase from them.  If you believe they're unethical, then by all means don't buy from them!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I don't know if you actually own any Logo pieces but it's not true that you need to layer them. While it's a very lucrative selling point they're just like any other rayon/span garment; perfectly fine individually

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal AGREE!!!! Adding tax+shipping adds almost $10. to most items. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that QVC pricing has gone over the top.It wouldn't bother me so much if the quality was there,I would just purchase fewer items.My main problem is their selling poor quality goods!! I find their tops to be very thin & they stretch & pill a lot.With the exception of Louis Del'Olio fashions I find that QVC clothing doesn't last.After a washing or two I seem to be left with worn out looking rags!! I am very gentle & careful with my clothes so it's not in the handling, it's definitely the cheapness of the material!!

Another problem is sizing & quality control.Their sizing is very inconsistent & I've gotten used items passed off as new as well as new items that have come with defects!!

The Q needs to get it's act together!!

Honored Contributor

Yep, I've noticed it too.....the increase in prices.....then adding in QVC's "try me fee" if return the clothing you lose your original shipping, plus have to pay for a return label ($10).....

I can go to Dillards and find good quality clothes there for $30 (at least here in Texas)....true, they have their high end brands, but even some of these are cheaper than QVC's regular brands.......And same with Macy's too....

If you like Logo tops or Susan Graver....go to Stein Mart....similar styles and some are in the $29 or $19 range.....

QVC's prices are uncompetetive when it comes to clothes....and all of QVC's clothing brands all seem to have the same style...Woman Frustrated  QVC compares their prices to Boutiques, however, I think most QVC clothing customers shop in Department Stores (either in person or online) rather than Boutiques...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”