Contributor

OK...I just need to vent about the prices of some of the clothing that I have seen on the air.  Logo currently is selling a tee shirt for $67!!!  Where does it end?  I love good clothing, but as long as we continue to buy these pieces at outrageous prices, they will continue to sell them!  Graver tops are currently averaging $50, and that is cheaper than Logo!!  These are just tops...have not even begun to talk about other items of apparel.  And the shipping and return costs have made it a very expensive endeavor!! 

Just venting.  I know that there will be responses about shopping elsewhere, etc., but I have been a loyal Q shopper for decades...they are just getting pricey with shipping, etc.  Thanks for listening!!

Man Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Need to vent about prices!!

I agree with you about the prices but there are obviously many people to whom $50/$60 for a simple top is not a problem.  Although I could easily afford it, I think spending that amount for a simple item is a waste of money.  There are plenty of other options at better price points with the same or better quality than the Q's.

Esteemed Contributor

Bullseye is right on target! My problem is that prices are high but quality does not measure up. If I want...Mart quality, I'll go to...Mart and save on shipping, to say nothing of the basic price. I've been reading that Liberty Media, QVC's parent company, has not been doing all that well recently. I suggest that the powers-that-be take a look at our comments in these forums to discover why we are dissatisfied.

Trusted Contributor

Actually I was just thinking the same thing! Now I'm seeing a LOGO top for $79 - got you beat! I understand when she adds the layers of lace, chiffon, or bias cutting, it's extra work & materials, but it does seem that as long as EZ pay is attached to an item, the price continues to rise. Susan Graver & even Denim & Co are going up substantially as well. Not sure what the answer is, except to have to buy less!

Super Contributor

Bullseye, ITA!!  I doshop elsewhere and get better deals in my department stores and their online sites that QVC cannot compete with.  SG and LG are NOT designers, no matter what they say.  Love the Linea line because he is an authentic certified designer and sticks to classic styles not FADS.  Would never consider LG's line, looks like little girl clothing but do have some pieces from SG from a few years ago (mostly summer things).  Since her prices went way up, I have no desire to pay the increase when I get better deals at my three large malls in Monmouth County, NJ.

Honored Contributor

When l think of how high the mark-up is on each item, it is kind of off-putting for me...

There was a beautiful Logo Lavish embroidered sleeveless top being presented, that caught my eye a few weeks ago. It was black, with gold flowers on the front. When l did the math, it would have cost almost $110 with tax and shipping. I had to pass it up. I would have bought it if it was $50.  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

At the risk of repeating myself many times over.  My friend always teases me about all of my Diamonique jewelry I always wear.  She says, "Annabelle, you're going to get robbed!  People are going to think it is real and rob you".

I say, "Don't worry because if they come upon someone wearing Lori Goldstein's tops they'll rob that person because you can't just wear on top (way too thin) you have to wear maybe 3 at a time...that adds up to close to $175 or more, probably more"!  

That's my gripe.  They are so think you MUST wear more than one.  I'm always hot so I'd be peeling off the clothes and get arrested.  One way or another I'd be scr&wed.

This is America....we are capitalists (in case you didn't realize).  There are people who don't mind paying $59-69$ for the tops.  If people pay it, QVC will keep selling it.

As far as Susan Graver, I've noticed her clothes are getting expensive compared to the brick and mortar (this is what my friend says, I don't know for sure).

I own some Susan Graver tops and really like them, but they are getting expensive.

Valued Contributor

I recently purchased three rayon/span tunic tops from Kohls.  I had purchased one a few months ago at the store and paid around $10 for it at the time.  I loved it so much, I ordered three more online and paid just shy of $18 for all three!  They fit beautifully and are the exact same fabric that LOGO uses for most of its items.  The prices for LOGO are cuckoo!!

Valued Contributor

I agree. The prices are high.  I wouldn't mind paying if the quality was good, but that is also lacking.  I haven't bought from QVC in a while.  I refrain unless it's something unique that I can't buy elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

@sueeich, I always shopped at Kohl's, then found QVC years ago, and now I find myself back at Kohl's because of Q's too high prices for what they are selling.

What I will never comprehend are those people who claim they are getting their money's worth with a $70 tee shirt because the quality is so good, the garment lasts for many years. I have paid $5 and $10 for tanks and tee shirts at Kohl's (even long-sleeved tees) and they have lasted me for many years. If others wish to believe they have gotten better quality because they are paying more, hey, more power to 'em. :-)