Honored Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for purchasing crew socks.

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Pearlee: I had some K.Cash and ordered there brand to try. Thank you, SouthernBee 

@SouthernBee   So what did you think of the Kohl's socks?

Esteemed Contributor

Purchased Copper Fit for the first time recently and love them. They're the nicest socks I've had in years. Everything you're looking for, @SilleeMee. You won't be disappointed if you give them a try.

Respected Contributor

The ultimate crew socks are made by Keds. In Michigan, they seem to be available only at  Meijer stores. (They are not available through Keds shoe sites.)

A few years ago, Meijer suddenly stopped carrying them. I spent a great deal of time online trying to track down another source, but had no luck. Finally, I reached a compassionate person connected with Meijer and she helped me: the socks eventually returned to the stores.

The socks are perfect (except that they're only available in white and black)--they stay up and feel great!

Respected Contributor

When I was still working, I wore Gold Toe white terry lined cuffed crew socks every day, but since I retired & moved to a warm climate, I find I like quarter socks better than the cuffed kind.  I buy various brands of quarter socks, but make sure the top is long enough that it hits like a cuffed sock on my ankles & good cotton content.  I've bought Gold Toe, Puma, Fila & other brands when I find them for a good price from Kohl's, Target, Walmart & outlets.  I found some recently that are a brand called Layer 8 that I htink i got at an outlet mall, but they're nice. 

Honored Contributor

Walmart and KMart have large sections of many types and brands of women's socks. You might want to try there.

Respected Contributor

I wear only Wigwam's King Cotton Crew socks.  They come in white, black, and grey.  They are expensive, but they're padded and last a long time.  Just Google the underlined.