Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help buying clothes for ill friend: which lines run the smallest?

I did this three years ago for a friend of mine. So sorry. I did shop at Kohls, which you can do online, as the prices were very reasonable, especially considering that she didn't wear the clothes for long. Peace to you and your friend.

Esteemed Contributor

I also recommend going to Kohls.com. It's very difficult knowing what size clothing to buy --- and style, length, etc. Chances are that you'll be returning several items. With QVC, you would be paying shipping/handling when buying --- and then you'll pay postage to return. Sizing runs differently with various brands. At Kohls, I wear size large (Croft & Barrow & Sonoma). At QVC Denim & Co., I wear size medium. Today I ordered 7 beautiful sweaters from Kohls.com --- great sales, used a $25 gift card from my friend, went to Retailmenot.com and got an additional 15% discount. My purchase was over $75 so I got free shipping plus $10 Kohls Cash. Total charge to my credit card - $67.13. Total Bargain!!!!! I've been shopping at Kohls on-line for 4 yrs --- quality clothes & low prices.

Respected Contributor

Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. Kohl's and Penny's are good ideas. Quality is necessary in some things, not others.

One of my friends picked up the underwear I wear at Costco: six for ten bucks in cotton with some span in pretty prints. Can go in the dryer. Also some Carol Hochman nightgowns on sale that look more like loungewear and a pretty robe. Costco is great on returns.

Respected Contributor

I hadn't planned on restricting shopping to the Q. I just didn't want to get edited out if my post was too broad.

Respected Contributor

Wanted to add I found a few really small Chloe Dao and Motto that were "as is." We both used to order those brands so she could decide. I'd only ordered jewelry 'as is," but both items arrived in perfect shape.

Honored Contributor

What about Macy's you can shop on line....I have been wearing all winter when I come from work....a sweat type pant with a draw sting waist, the brand I think is Karen Scott sport, the pant is very comfy. I have never been a sweat pant girl but discovered these and I love them, they also come in a crop style as well. You can purchase button down hoodies to go with or a tunic would work too. Possibly she will be cold and these pants would be comfortable and warm. I wear a medium so your friend would probably need xsmall. I am 5'5 aprox 140 lbs. so the medium works for me. I have washed these a zillion times and they still look nice.

Prayers to you and your friend.....good friends are hard to find.

Respected Contributor

Macy's online, even Nordstrom's (free shipping both ways.) Pants sound great. My biggest problem will be I'll want to shop for myself and I don't need a thing!