Frequent Contributor

Need advice on stockings/pantyhose, etc.

I am going to a wedding this Friday. I am wearing this dress in Bordeaux A310171  with black pumps . I know the dress is plain but I will dress it up with jewerly. I am very short (4'11") and hate wearing dresses. 

Anyway, I am a little confused as to if I should wear stockings or not...and then if I should, what color. I live on the East Coast and the weather should be in the 50's. I am caucasion and very pale at that. 

Help!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice on stockings/pantyhose, etc.

Flesh tone pantihose. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Either nude pantyhose or black pantyhose. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AmazonMom  I too live on the east coast. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago.I wore a black lace off the shoulder dress.I wore black sheer pantyhose with black sandals. I’m 5 ft tall. If it were Summer I would have tanned  my legs & gone without the hose. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all! Yeah, if it were warmer I would just go without anything. Maybe I'll buy both (nude/black) and see what looks better. 

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in NY and I have given up hose, if I am wearing a dressy dress there is nothing on my legs.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

personally i wouldn't dream of going without stockings. my legs are neither tanned or toned. 

your dress looks great. accessories are your friend. 

personally i would go with either sheer black, or suntan. 

have a good time.

Esteemed Contributor

@AmazonMom assuming the wedding is indoors, you don't have to wear pantyhose.  if you are concerned about the color of your legs, i like something like the Tarte Maracuja Rainforest Glow Instant Matte Waterproof Body Perfector, which is not a bronzer, it evens out skintone, used in lieu of moisturizer.  with that color dress, if i was wearing pantyhose, i would wear nude.  have fun at the wedding!

Respected Contributor

Black tights could go well with your outfit. I never see anyone in my community wearing pantyhose anymore. On occasion I do see patterned hose, such as black with dots. lines, or herringbone, but those may be knee highs.

Honored Contributor

I think the no stocking look -looks bad or at least, not 'finished'.  I would be wearing hose if it were me....summer is a little different, (depending on the occasion) if possible I would have tanned my legs.