Occasional Contributor

Need Suggestion for Slacks vs. Trousers

I'm 59 yrs old-work full time in an office (business casual dress). The slacks I have been purchasing (not via QVC) are more trousers (baggy in the thigh area and wide down the leg) vs. slimming, shapely women's slacks. Can anyone recommend a brand for me to try? I'm 5'3" about 145 lbs and try to dress fairly fashionable. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Suggestion for Slacks vs. Trousers

Check out Loft for slacks!

Honored Contributor

Talbots. They pretty much have whatever you would want.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Talbots!

Esteemed Contributor

Lands End Business attire pants.

Respected Contributor

There is a wonderful line on QVC called Linea by Louis Dell'Olio. He used to be in charge of Anne Klein and he makes beautiful, quality, tasteful, and professional clothing. He has a wide variety of styles of slacks, trousers, and leggings, etc. that may be just what you are looking for. Also, he makes coordinating jackets, blouses, sweaters, tunics, and other tops to go with the trousers and slacks.

In the "Search" field, type in "Linea by Louis Dell'Olio." When his screen comes up, select "Fashion" from the side menu. When that pages loads, select "Pants" from the side menu.

Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

If you are 5'3" like me (5'4" on a great day maybe! LOL!!) Talbots has the best pants I have ever found in several different fits, and they have great sales. The quality is great too and they wear a LONG time.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Talbots. Get on their E mail list for sale notifications and other special,deals
Super Contributor

Talbot's, Land's End, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, J.Crew and Banana Republic all have selections which should work well for you.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Linea. I am 5'2", so I only purchase Linea pants when QVC offers petite choices.