Respected Contributor

Re: Need Mother of the Groom Suggestion

Congratulations to all you MOG! I will be a MOG in July. I have also been looking at dresses and I'm also a plus size. I've found one that I like at David's Bridal but will keep looking for a while. I also checked with DDIL about colors and what her mom is wearing. Her mom may wear a traditional Filipino dress for the wedding not sure yet. Good luck with dress hunting and again best wishes!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2014 colliegirls said:

Being the MOG, I did check with the bride (and her mother) about what I liked before I bought it. Its important that we all start out on the right foot.

I am very lucky in the MIL department, very different styles but both wonderful, successful young women. Since my own MIL made my early years with DH miserable, or tried her best to do so, I'd never do anything but love and respect the women who make my sons happy, and in my opinion, that's what they deserve. Their input in what I wear to THEIR wedding is absolutely fine with me.
Super Contributor

On 2/20/2014 ECBG said:

Dillards.com has beautiful evening and bridal in all sizes. Best of luck!

Forgot about them! I got my MOG dress from Dillards--a beautiful dress in a peach color for a June wedding. They have some very nice things--and some Dillards have shoppers or stylists that can help you.