Honored Contributor

Re: Need More Short Clothing Lengths

I usually have to shorten pants, and for knits - sew the pockets closed.

Not a big deal.  I like different lengths depending on the shape of the leg.  

Honored Contributor

I would give anything to just cut a few inches off the bottom of things I buy to make it fit me! I'm tall and I can't miraculously make the length grow. 

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I am petite as well, 5'3" with short legs for my height and a longer torso. I am in that between state, pants in petite tend to be too short, average too long. I guess I am able to find enough pants since I own about 30 pairs and 99% were purchased from either HSN or QVC.

I don't see the problem with hemming, at least we SHORT people have that option. I feel it is much worse for the TALL people. You can't add fabric whereas we can always hem.

As for Quaker Factory, they do not work for me. I am petite/short, I don't understand their concept that short is not petite. As @Kachina624 said, every pair of pants I've tried has a rise that goes way too high. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm proportion in my body.  Not short waisted, etc.  Legs not too long.  But at 5'3" I need the petite.  I'm also slight in build and thin.  So many of QVC tops look like dresses on me.  I'm a true petite.  NOT short

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I would give anything to just cut a few inches off the bottom of things I buy to make it fit me! I'm tall and I can't miraculously make the length grow. 

@ID2  I understand your pain.  I can see both sides of this dilemma.  My problem is my sewing skills are not great.  So for me to say "it's ok" for me to have to hem is a no no.  I would even be ok with a small hem, but not with cutting three inches of fabric then hemming.  I like that bottom hem of jeans.  Even though there are lots of jeans that have that cut off look, it's not what I like.  I like the hem of my pants to look neat.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

I'm 5 foot and I don't seem to have a problem finding pants to fit me.  I buy the short length in jeans locally.  I do not care for the rise on petites. Too short on me. 

I have purchased Belle in regular and petite and no problem with the length and depends on the inseam.  I believe I purchased ankle pants and ended up being perfect length for me as a regular length.

I recently purchased the Belle pants with the seam down the front in a petite and perfect for me.  

Only other pants I have purchased are capris and joggers.  Denim and Company and Anbody brand and Cuddle Duds velour pants. 

I have more trouble with the tops being too long and too loose around  the neck area.  

Esteemed Contributor

I search for the petite option.  If I cannot find it in pants I look at the pants and figure out if I can hem it.  Last time I was not that lucky.  I bought a pair with embroiderly on them and my attempt did not go well.  Never again.  

Honored Contributor

I have shrunk over th eye arms and am now 5'2" and most all clothing except leggings are too long. That is in the stores, QVC clothing is over the top long for me.  So many things I can't get because it requires extensive alterations, or the hemming with remote detail.  I can understand it but I bought  NYDJ for over 20 years at nordie. The oetite firs perfect   But NYDJ ON QVC IS hugeand they still fit badly. I usually get. 10 petite.  I went back to nordie, ordered the 10P and it fit. So it is qvc sizing. I thing they want to fit up to 5'11  and it is a size or sizes too large .  No more qvc clothing.  Even the tops, the sleeves are big and run long. .  Most of othe The shoes run large as well

Esteemed Contributor

For me, ankle pants are a blessing. They have the regular fit and rise in the hips and waist, but they're short enough without being too short.

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans come in "short" length so are also perfect on me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt