Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Honest Opinions About This Dress

I live in a over 55 community.  WHen someone passes away there is always a big turn out.  most residents are average of 65-70.  Hardly anyone wears a black dress.  A bright red dress no but no one feels obligated to wear a black dress.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay,

Love the dress and the idea of wearing a belt. I would wear it non only to a  funeral but to many other places as well. You can accesorice it with pearls and a wrap with a brooch depending on the circumstances🌻

Trusted Contributor

Dear lolakimono,

You are really a trend setter. The cashmere wrap is la pièce de résistance🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Tahari < $40 = KEEPER  😍

I agree with the others who said that you can add a sweater or scarf to make it more appropriate for a funeral.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

I don't know what climate you live in, or your figure type, but it's a lovely $35 Tahari dress .....  wear a jacket or cardigan over it for a funeral and enjoy this dress for many occasions.

I think you'll ultimately regret returning it.

Esteemed Contributor

Before you decide to return the dress, try a lace camisole or a black solid camisole over a bra to see how that looks. Also a sweater or jacket on top could give it a daytime look. For the price, if you like the dress otherwise, I would keep it.

Esteemed Contributor

If you have to go out and buy a special bra just to wear with this dress then you really haven 't saved anything then have you?

Respected Contributor

don't know your size

but in this dress, someone would need to be a size 6 or smaller to look good in it

It's pretty

Respected Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

don't know your size

but in this dress, someone would need to be a size 6 or smaller to look good in it

It's pretty

I dont like the poured into body hugging look for real people like me, body shapers can only do so much and they are hot besides.  This would be a no for me.  Is OP striving for that look?  

Occasional Contributor

When it comes to style I think we should listen to our instincts. It sounds like you'll be self-conscious if you do wear it to a funeral, even if it is perfectly appropriate. So if you're keeping it just because it's a bargain, it's not really that much of a bargain if in the end you can't wear it for the purpose it was intended.

It is a lovely dress though. If you can truly find a purpose for it in your wardrobe, go for it.