Valued Contributor

Need Help With a Fashion Question

Going to an event on Sunday and plan on wearing dark brown dress pants and a dark brown top with beige and cream flowers on it. Do I wear dark brown or beige shoes ?(both are flats) I tried them both on with the outfit but can't decide which As a lot of you know I am in my 80's my fashion sense has slipped a bit .Lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help With a Fashion Question

If the shoes are the same color as your pants, I would go with the brown shoes.

Respected Contributor

Shoes shouldn't jump out at U. If you have brown pants, brown shoes would work. Cream would draw attention to your feet. EnjoySmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Definitely wear shoes that more closely match your pants. Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Either would work......I like darker colors myself.....wear your favorite and hope you have a wonderful time...
Honored Contributor

I don't mix chocolate brown and red brown. If your slacks and shoes are close, the same color would add height and make your legs seem longer and slimmer. Every time you add a different color, the eye stops and you seem shorter.

Have a great time!

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so much for the advise, I really appreciate it.

Super Contributor

HONEY If you must I say brown but girl i am in my 80's and would die if I did not have my heels. Oh no dreadful thought. Why not add a bright scarf as it all sounds lovely but I think you must add color . Girl you will look wondreful. Brown flats are fine.