Respected Contributor

Re: Need Fashion Advice for Vow Renewal in Vegas

Anything goes in Vegas.  You can wear whatever you want.  Most people dress very casually.  The younger set who go to the clubs usually wear short bandage dresses and other than that I usually see jeans and tees.

Last year I was waiting in line for the valet to park my car at Ceasars, and out of the car in front of me this 30ish girl gets out and she's in a string bikini and bare butt.  She didn't just come from the gym.  The valet told her to go put on some pants and she was insulted and started yelling at him.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd dress similar to a garden wedding. You don't say what your style issues are.  I'd wear this.  Lose and flowy because it's a romantic day.

Indulgy.com

dress:

Occasional Contributor

Well Woodstock and Elvis were both big in 1969 so I guess my retro dress would be perfect!

Honored Contributor

@sincerely wrote:

We are going to Vegas in October to renew our vows after 30 years.  The service will be at 6 PM in a little wedding chapel with Elvis officiating.  I am considering wearing a Nikki Poulos maxi dress with kimono sleeves.  It is a purple, lavender, and rose floral print in a slinky fabric.  Would that be too summery for Vegas in the fall?

Is your concern with being cold? October is iffy, it can be warm cool. If you like the dress wear it but bring a coat to wear when outside. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval