Honored Contributor

Re: Need Color Advice for Dress

"The style is perfect"...you love the color....I would not hesitate to wear.  You will feel confident and look lovely.  

Honored Contributor

I think the colors of the sea are always appropriate in the summer (or almost summer.)

Respected Contributor

Yes, sounds perfect.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,

Yes, I love teal, one of my favorite colors! Enjoy!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Esteemed Contributor

Sure, why not??  I'm sure it will be lovely with a matching shawl or scarf and some pretty jewelry.  It is certainly appropriate.   I was just thinking to myself that I have to start wearing all my summer sleeveless tops in pretty colors, I have so many but I seem to go to the same tops over and over again..........Wear it proud and have a nice time Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Beach-mom, I don't understand why you think teal might be inappropriate for summer. Of course, it's fine. The question didn't even have to be asked. 

IMO, people tend to over think what to wear to weddings. Just wear something nice and comfortable, no one really looks at the guests anyway. The day is all about the bride and groom.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

You already love the dress, so wear it and enjoy the wedding.  It will be beautiful..........

Honored Contributor

Teal sounds like a wonderful choice!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

It sounds perfect.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Would you wear a teal sleeveless dress to a 5 p.m. semi-formal wedding this weekend? 

The style is perfect. The color is what I'm concerned about. Teal is one of my favorite colors, but I never wear it in the summer.  TIA!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom my DiL wedding party wore teal in June and with her ivory dress, it was lovely so I don't think teal has a time of year unless the style of the dress would say "winter."  If it is sleeveless (and not wool), I think you are fine.  Her wedding party girls' dresses were moire (back in the day) and they were just gorgeous.  I hate to think how I feared it and when I saw it, I was in love. Just wear that dress with some simple pearls and cute pumps, and you will be lovely.