Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Only a cape or ruana will give you coverage without making your arms uncomfortable and you can easily take them off.

@ECBG, surely you realize that there are coat manufacturers that make dolman sleeved coats. I remember seeing many of them over the years.

Capes often look like a person is wearing a blanket. They are also impossible to drive with....

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@seedpie   Keep in mind when you wear dolman sleeves, which aren't flattering, and add a bulky sweater beneath, you're likely to look like a butter ball.

Huh? I have a dolman sleeve coat and wear it with an Irish wool sweater underneath. I am tall, slim and at 5'8, I look nothing like a butter ball.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Only a cape or ruana will give you coverage without making your arms uncomfortable and you can easily take them off.

@ECBG, surely you realize that there are coat manufacturers that make dolman sleeved coats. I remember seeing many of them over the years.

Capes often look like a person is wearing a blanket. They are also impossible to drive with....

@Trinity11 

Yes, but not in our area and not often offered online IMO.

There are also shorter capes that aren't a full circle, more of a "U" shape.  Talbots does them frequently.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 

Yes, but not in our area and not often offered online IMO.

There are also shorter capes that aren't a full circle, more of a "U" shape.  Talbots does them frequently.

I have found plenty just this morning. Saks, Bloomingdales, J Crew many on line and in stores carry dolman sleeve coats.

Honored Contributor

The trouble with a cape and many ponchos and Ruanas is that it's impossible to use a shoulder bag unless they're worn under the garment which is awkward.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment