Super Contributor

Need Advice on Vionic with Orthaheel Sandals

[ Edited ]

Hi gals...need some advice. I recently purchased the Eve style Vionic with Orthaheel sandals. They are a thong-style sandal. I've never had problems with thongs before, but OUCH! Instead of having a toe post between the big toe and second toe, they have two strips of ribbon that cut right into the skin between my toes. I live in SoCal and practically live in thongs year around. I took these along on vacation and could not even wear them.

I know they make silicone and other type things that can wrap around that part of the thong to make them more comfortable, but the ones I've seen are not getting very good reviews. Anyone have any suggestions or know of any other product that actually works well and is comfortable? I love the Eve thong sandal, but not the discomfort.

Thanks for any advice!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Vionic with Orthaheel Sandals

My advice is to return them. It's not worth messing with uncomfortable shoes. Spend the money on a pair you love that you'll actually wear because they aren't painful.

Honored Contributor

I would return them.  Shoes that start out uncomfortable seldom become more comfortable.

Super Contributor

ChynnaBlue and Faeriemoon, thanks for your suggestion about returning them. I wish I had earlier, but now I'm past the 30 days. I have other thong style orthaheel sandals that do not hurt when I wear them. Maybe I'll take them to a shoemaker and see what he can do. I like the look of them, but they sure didn't have the fit models test drive these sandals before putting them on the market.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion