Honored Contributor

Neck widths too wide in plus sizes

The QVC garments have such wide neck opening widths in their plus sizes, especially in their larger plus sizes. Just because ladies gain weight does not mean their heads and necks get any larger.

I wish they would make some overall adjustments to their neck sizing. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Neck widths too wide in plus sizes

I find this to be true with regular sizes in some brands as well.   I don't order some of  Kim Gravels tops because of the large oval shaped necklines.  Susan Graver also does a lot of boat necks that are so wide my bra straps show.

Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I find this to be true with regular sizes in some brands as well.   I don't order some of  Kim Gravels tops because of the large oval shaped necklines.  Susan Graver also does a lot of boat necks that are so wide my bra straps show.

@D Kay I couldn't agree with you more. Today, I'm wondering if I will need a tank to wear under Kim's TSV so my bra straps won't show. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's all done by computer!  When you enlarge an object, it enlarges everything!  

This is true in a lot of industry!  Why does a bigger cup need a bigger "hole" for drinking?

Esteemed Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

Agreed! I find the necks are huge on regular sizes as well. I need to wear something under the last few sweaters I purchased. I have a small neck and head and don't need a huge opening. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@D Kay wrote:

@D Kay I couldn't agree with you more. Today, I'm wondering if I will need a tank to wear under Kim's TSV so my bra straps won't show. 

MindyD I would plan to wear something under the poncho. The fabric looks thin.

When I look at the inside of the sleeve I can see the print on the outside of the poncho.

Honored Contributor

In my case, I'd like to see them narrow the neck widths and slightly increase the low hip circumferences.

I also wish they would include hip widths or circumferences in the Click Here for tops.

For many tops I have to buy a top that's big on me everywhere except the hip, just so it doesn't ride up when I sit down. I have no way to tell the hip width from the bottom opening measurement given in the Click Here sizing. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D I agree...and it's not just the Q! I have a very difficult time finding V-necks especially, that aren't exposing 3-4 inches of my shoulders on each side.  I know that it didn't used to be this way, because I have v-necks from a number of years ago that fit closer to the sides of my neck.

Another complaint for me is that over the past 2-3 years, sleeves have gotten too tight, especially in the upper arms. And again, I have tops from the past where this isn't so--it's a fairly recent change.

Wonder why the changes?

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@Mindy D I agree...and it's not just the Q! I have a very difficult time finding V-necks especially, that aren't exposing 3-4 inches of my shoulders on each side.  I know that it didn't used to be this way, because I have v-necks from a number of years ago that fit closer to the sides of my neck.

Another complaint for me is that over the past 2-3 years, sleeves have gotten too tight, especially in the upper arms. And again, I have tops from the past where this isn't so--it's a fairly recent change.

Wonder why the changes?

@vermint 

"I agree...and it's not just the Q! I have a very difficult time finding V-necks especially, that aren't exposing 3-4 inches of my shoulders on each side.  I know that it didn't used to be this way, because I have v-necks from a number of years ago that fit closer to the sides of my neck."

I notice this exact same thing about the women's' V-necks, especially here at QVC. My older V-necks are closer to the neck than newer ones.

Right now, I'm wearing a Hanes V Neck Men's' 

Tee to lounge in and I also sleep in them and they fit closer to the neck. It's a much better fit. This is ironic because men, as rule, do have larger head and neck sizes than women.

Respected Contributor

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a number of years. I usually like to wear crewneck tops and it's so hard to find a true crewneck anymore. I see tops labeled as crewneck and the necklines are either more scoopneck or they just look stretched out. Not the look I'm going for. ☹️