Contributor

I’m probably in the minority but I prefer crew neck styles.  The neck on most garments are hugh.   I guess that’s why I still have so many of my older tees and shirts.  Perhaps it’s just a lot cheaper to make with much less fabric. 

Esteemed Contributor

Me Too........................

Occasional Contributor

I so agree with you.  There are some really cute tops but the scoop neck, boat neck, and even some crew necks are just huge and so unflattering on me.  

Super Contributor

I'm right there with you.  Some tops you could two heads in the neck hole.   My  neck area or as they say the Dec-low-tay has sun damage and I've had surgery , and those scoop necks tell the world my story.  I sticking with my lands end pima cotton relaxed tees, the best...IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

Another real crew neck lover here. I'm wearing out some long sleeved cotton crew neck T-Shirts from Land's End that are several years old. Wish I had bought 20 of them back then. Jewel neck is another name they use for not a true crewneck.

Honored Contributor

I'm with you, OP.  It's crazy how huge necks are on tees, shirts, dresses, etc.  You'd think we all played football and had their huge necks.

Honored Contributor

@rvmomwrote:

I’m probably in the minority but I prefer crew neck styles.  The neck on most garments are hugh.   I guess that’s why I still have so many of my older tees and shirts.  Perhaps it’s just a lot cheaper to make with much less fabric. 

@rvmom

I'm with you on that!

I have a thin neck and prefer crew neckline (or turtleneck).  

My new favorite summer tees are from Hanes.  Their sport cool-dri are great.  Not to mention ... great prices.

Respected Contributor

Re: Neck size to big

[ Edited ]

I'm the exact opposite. I'm always looking for open necklines. V neck, scoop, jewel, sweetheart - I like them all. 

If you have a short neck (as I do), an open neckline is much more flattering. 

A crew neck makes a full chest (me again) look even more prominent. A V neck or scoop will balance out a full chest. 

There can be good reasons for avoiding tight necklines. If you can wear  them, I'm happy for you (and a little envious!).  

Respected Contributor

I agree with you.  Even though I have a short, chubby neck and the neckline of most tops would fit my waist.  Give me a crew neck or even a jewel neck top any old day of the week. 

Respected Contributor

Ditto on the crew necks.  And why on earth would anyone buy the large open necks for winter?  I didn't buy any tee shirts this winter because I didn't want large open necks of any shape for the cooler months.