Honored Contributor

Re: Navy is all over the place this season

I love navy as well as any shade of blue. I wear it much better than black. I agree it's difficult to find matching navy items because there are many shade of navy.

I wear navy with lighter shades of blue, pink, green, red, yellow, white, purple and sometimes even black. I own navy shoes, but sometimes wear black or gray shoes. I like the navy and black look...it's like the brown and black look. It's okay to wear togeth

Trusted Contributor

I like navy and have both black and navy pants and other pieces. I don't find navy particularly difficult to work in with other clothing pieces and shoes. Navy bottoms can go well with navy shoes, neutral shoes (bone, taupe, etc.), or "pop" color shoes like red. And you can pair navy clothing pieces with white, reds, greens, camel, khaki, pinks......lots of colors beyond navy. Nothing is more classic than navy, white, and red! I personally don't care for navy with black, but I know the experts say it's OK, and some people do.

Trusted Contributor

I love navy, but I must admit I am a bit uptight about what shoes and bags to wear with it. I see it in fashion blogs and mags worn with black, brown, etc. and it looks great. I think it is one of those things I just need to get used to.

For years, I had a problem mixing metals in my jewelry. Now, I mix my jewelry up without worrying about it and I feel completely comfortable with the effortless look.

Honored Contributor

L.L. Bean has a new blazer that might work-

There is a matching skirt (and dress too).

Esteemed Contributor

Getting navy shoes has been a challenge for me too....and I'm loving all the navy clothing that is out this year.

I have gone w/ the pop of color shoes for winter...wine colored boots and shoes and a pair of dark gray booties I found.

For spring/summer I will probably go w/ a neutral shoe that is in the luggage tan category or try to find a casual style shoe that has blue...

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I know what you mean. And it's not even the Pantone color of the year (marsala).

Respected Contributor

I know you shouldn't but I will sometimes wear black shoes with a navy outfit. It isn't always easy to find a nice pair of navy shoes but I definitely need to buy a pair soon so that I won't have to wear my navy outfits with black shoes.

Honored Contributor

You can always go with a printed shoe-

Women's Fergalicious Sheila - 442790Women's The Sak Shana - 426328Women's Dr. Scholl's Paige - 429732Women's Rieker Dorina L2072 - 339008Women's Poetic Licence More Is More - 389380Women's Poetic Licence Measure Up - 389376

Or a multicolor one-

Women's Clarks Lockney Bird - 413516Women's Clarks Helio Jet - 413156Women's Trotters Calle - 372397Women's KEEN Emerald City Ankle II - 367102Women's Dr. Scholl's Joliet - 381082

This is my favorite dress shoe.

Women's Munro Jillian - 377272

You could also do a metallic, for those who don't like nude shoes.

Valued Contributor

Man, I really LOVE navy! I just love it. If you saw my closet you would realize how much I also love black. But Navy is not as harsh on me. It's like me, but cheerier. It's about as cheery as a go!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Love the printed shoes.