Valued Contributor

Navy is all over the place this season

It seems navy is the in color this season. I see a lot on the Q and also out in the stores. I just find it so hard to wear as I don't like mixing navy and black and I don't have many navy pants and no shoes at all.

I keep finding all these beautiful tops here and in the stores (love Marshalls!) but I keep saying to myself darn, wish it were black.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Navy is all over the place this season

I feel the same way. Every time I buy something in navy, I end up returning it because I can't find the right shoes. I really love it for spring/summer, but I've just about given up trying to put together an outfit.

Super Contributor

I don't usually wear navy apparel but I do have a pair

of navy shoes that I just love.

Honored Contributor

I like navy and have a lot of it, but it is hard to match separates unless you buy from the same design lot, like Jones New York and Ralph Lauren do with their named lines.

If I can't find the right navy shoe, I do nude. Shoes are the hardest part for me as I prefer a WW width if I'm going to wear them to work all day. I have one pair of navy pants that actually are so dark they look better with a black shoe than nude or any of the 3 pair of navy pumps I have.

I am going on a business trip this week and need a light jacket. I decided since the trip was short to do a navy base but I don't have a navy jacket. If I can't find one today, I am just going to wear a black one and deal with it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I really haven't been out & about (clothes shopping) for a while. That is nice to hear about navy, since that is one of my favorite flattering colors.

Navy shoes with navy, I agree! What works just as well is a good taupe/neutral shoe.

Respected Contributor

I like navy, but there's a limit.

The last two Talbot's catalogs have been full of navy - or Indigo, as they call it. I have plenty of navy already, don't need more.

I love pastel colors, the ones I associate with spring. Easter egg colors!

Honored Contributor

Now I am LOVING all the navy this season and I love all the different tones of navy too. I have bought more navy than ever. I wear it with black all the time and it looks so nice. I have a pair of seamed black and navy denim jeggings that rock my world. The black is on the sides so it looks so slimming. Not a fan of a neutral shoe with a total dark color unless there is some neutral elsewhere like a belt or in the material of the garment. I would wear a neutral belt or purse and then the shoes would not be so-----""there"".

Trusted Contributor

Love navy pants with a luggage tan shoe. I'll be wearing a lot of navy from my closet from now through spring!
Super Contributor

Black and Navy are my two base colors. Everything I buy or make has to coordinate with one or both of them.

I'm good with navy. I have no problem mixing it with black - or lots of other colors. I'm currently making something (waterfall front sweater) that is irregular/wavy stripes of purple, navy, turq, off white and dark olive. Yarn dyer chose the colors, not me ... and it looks fab.

I have scarves that mix navy with many, many colors. Gives me leeway to mix/match/coordinate.

I have navy pants, indigo jeans, several LOGO and SG tops and various other brands.

I'm all set!

Esteemed Contributor

I love navy! It was hard to find navy for years. I wear it with beige, khaki, or (my favorite) white. It looks great with navy or a neutral shoe!