Honored Contributor

If you have silver accessories, you could wear silver or even black or matching navy. You could match the shoes to the dress or your accessories.

Congratulations to your son!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I was in a wedding last month.  The bridesmaids wore navy dresses with silver shoes.

Respected Contributor

I personally would wear silver unless for some reason gold/bronze would fit better with the colors/theme of the wedding. Definitely metallic shoes. I wore silver at my daughter's wedding and there are some gorgeous strappy metallic sandals out there or even just slingback if you are more comfortable in those. 

Honored Contributor

@baseballmom2,    Pewter metallic  strappy heel.  I don't know how high you like your heels.  You could also do a deep bronze metallic strappy heel.  With these two choices you would carry a deep navy satin or beaded, small square purse.  If you wear earrings, you would wear silver or diamond with the pewter and gold or gold with diamonds with the deep bronze metallic shoes.  I always like to think of the whole picture.  Diamondnique will do.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@baseballmom2,    Pewter metallic  strappy heel.  I don't know how high you like your heels.  You could also do a deep bronze metallic strappy heel.  With these two choices you would carry a deep navy satin or beaded, small square purse.  If you wear earrings, you would wear silver or diamond with the pewter and gold or gold with diamonds with the deep bronze metallic shoes.  I always like to think of the whole picture.  Diamondnique will do.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  Thanks!  I couldn't think of the word for anything. Pewter metallic is exactly what I wore. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Navy blue gown

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I just attended a very chic country club wedding.All 6 bridesmaids as well as the 2 mothers wore dyed to match sandals!! 

Back in my day everyone that stood up to a wedding wore dyed to match shoes! Woman Surprised

@ID2 Back in my day too but not so much now.  I've seen weddings recently where all the bridesmaids wore different styles of dresses in the same color.  Matchy-match is out. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wore navy to my daughers wedding....i found navy shoes that matched...........it if hadn't ...i would have worn silver

Honored Contributor

Perhaps a silver/gray color, unless you want dyed to match shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

My experience in fashion these days has been that there is no right or wrong.Everything goes.It's a matter of preference. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Navy blue gown

[ Edited ]

If your gown is navy blue your color choices are almost unlimited.   Chose what you like the best.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)