Super Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback Said.....

On 1/21/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/21/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/21/2015 Johnnyeager said:

I don't think Nancy said anything wrong at all, grammatically. Although it was obviously subject to interpretation her use of the word "here" was, we all now know, just used idiomatically and I think everyone uses an idiom now or then. Poor Nancy called to the principal's office.

Where is the idiom? What was the combination of words that made an idiomatic expression?

Speaking of those "idio-" words, at least she didn't say Lisa was coming to a star soon. Or a moon. Or a planet! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Funny you should say that... I too was tempted to write another "idio-" word!

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 cosmic1 said:

I am certainly no expert, but her use of the word 'here' in that context was purely superfluous and added confusion.

She said that 'Lisa would be doing something great here soon,' or words to that effect. She should have said that 'Lisa would be doing something great soon.' I'd think that any English teacher would edit out the 'here' if it were written in an essay or paper. It's just unnecessary and, from a business writing perspective not appropriate because it adds confusion.

Amen. Cool

Esteemed Contributor

Oh geesh! Sometimes common sense trumps a word used incorrectly.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Sooner said:On 1/21/2015 Crisso said:

Speaking of those "idio-" words, at least she didn't say Lisa was coming to a star soon. Or a moon. Or a planet! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

Well we have confirmation from a official Q source that Lisa is not returning to QVC. Hopefully this will end the never ending speculation that she is returning as any vendor rep.
Honored Contributor

I heard her mention Lisa and the GILI line as well and stating she had left but would be doing something fantastic...not quoting here....I did not think she meant she would be back at the Q but I was awake with a big headache and was only 1/2 listening. I find it hard to believe she would come back to QVC but only time will tell.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 sparklestar said:

How can she be a vendor for GILI when it's a QVC product. All the hosts show Gili products. A vendor is not needed.

Because QVC can do whatever they decide will sell more product...

Honored Contributor

Since they have no vendor to help sell the GILI products they kind of have to mention Lisa when they try to sell the stuff as part of the backstory explanation for people who have never watched before. Must feel awkward.

I tend to think Nancy meant "here" as in PA. If Lisa is still located there, then "here" could refer to them both being physically in the same area.

...Interesting to know the QVC staff reads the fashion forum!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 magicmoodz said:

ITA!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/21/2015 magicmoodz said:

ITA!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...