Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback Said.....

The word "here" is defined as: in, at, or to this place or position. That being said, Nancy may have just been blabbing.
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 MFitz said: The word "here" is defined as: in, at, or to this place or position. That being said, Nancy may have just been blabbing.

How it's defined is one thing, how it's often used is something altogether different, especially given colloquialisms...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/21/2015 MFitz said: The word "here" is defined as: in, at, or to this place or position. That being said, Nancy may have just been blabbing.

How it's defined is one thing, how it's often used is something altogether different, especially given colloquialisms...

Colloquialisms or even a regional manner of speaking by putting an unnecessary word at the end of a sentence. And let's not forget the use of here as in:

exclamation
  1. 1.
    used to attract someone's attention.
    "here, let me hold it"
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Trix said:

Nancy was just doing her talking a lot and saying nothing routine. I fell asleep with and like you woke up with her on. When awake, I usually change the channel as soon as I see her. As for "moved on to bigger and better things." That is a common expression former co-workers say to speak of someone who has left. I've used it many times in my career when asked about a former colleague.

It's like the hosts always saying another host is "on a well deserved vacation."

Super Contributor

Oh, she'll be back selling something, jewelry , clothing , or whatever. Remember the hype when Kathy Levine came back to sell That LaVintage jewelry line? It'll be the same type of thing.
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to clear up the confusion that was created by program host Nancy Hornback during a recent sell of a G.I.L.I item. There are no plans for Lisa Robertson to return to QVC. Nancy was speculating that Lisa, with all her talents, will probably be doing something special in the future. I confirmed that Nancy did not mean to imply that Lisa would be returning to QVC, nor did she mean to imply that she knew what Lisa had in store for the future. I am sorry for the confusion this recent comment caused and hope this helps clear up what was actually meant.

Have a great rest of the week!

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Keyai - Q Social said:

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to clear up the confusion that was created by program host Nancy Hornback during a recent sell of a G.I.L.I item. There are no plans for Lisa Robertson to return to QVC. Nancy was speculating that Lisa, with all her talents, will probably be doing something special in the future. I confirmed that Nancy did not mean to imply that Lisa would be returning to QVC, nor did she mean to imply that she knew what Lisa had in store for the future. I am sorry for the confusion this recent comment caused and hope this helps clear up what was actually meant.

Have a great rest of the week!

Thank you for clearing this up.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Trix said:

Nancy was just doing her talking a lot and saying nothing routine. I fell asleep with and like you woke up with her on. When awake, I usually change the channel as soon as I see her. As for "moved on to bigger and better things." That is a common expression former co-workers say to speak of someone who has left. I've used it many times in my career when asked about a former colleague.

The key word is "here."

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

poor Nancy, that girl messes on a constant basis

the fact that they had to clear this up means a memo to all

talk about Q distancing themselves from Lisa

no wonder she had to buy her own gold watch

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/21/2015 misschristy said:
On 1/21/2015 chucky said:

Hey, MFitz. I heard Sandra say the other day when presenting a Gili ostrich type hobo bag that it was designed by their "friend" Lisa Robertson. I wondered why they would mention her name.

Hope you don't get slams on your thread. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Why wouldn't she mention her name? They had a huge send off for her. Do you think they are going to shun her, or any mention of her name. People read too much into things.

Lisa's name still sells,

sales people say anything for a sale

Jean Bice gone, Joan Rivers gone, Jackie Kennedy gone

it's all about money with Q