Esteemed Contributor
Nancy was presenting a G.I.L.I jewelry piece and said, this piece was inspired by Lisa Robertson who is moving on to bigger and better things here. Don't quote me as I was half asleep. We know how Nancy babbles so maybe that is just what she was doing, but maybe she knows something we don't. Just an interesting tid bit.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback Said.....

Nancy was just doing her talking a lot and saying nothing routine. I fell asleep with and like you woke up with her on. When awake, I usually change the channel as soon as I see her. As for "moved on to bigger and better things." That is a common expression former co-workers say to speak of someone who has left. I've used it many times in my career when asked about a former colleague.

Super Contributor

I still think she might be coming back as a vendor for GILI (like Susan Graver). I say this because of things Lisa said during her final show and because they still have her listed as a top blog author. I liked some of the GILI items. I guess time will tell...

Regular Contributor

Hey, MFitz. I heard Sandra say the other day when presenting a Gili ostrich type hobo bag that it was designed by their "friend" Lisa Robertson. I wondered why they would mention her name.

Hope you don't get slams on your thread. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

If she is planning on coming back into a different role, why the "big departure" and tears if she knew she would still be around. I think they feel they almost have to acknowledge Lisa when selling GILI because it was her baby and we all know that. It would be odd if they acted like it wasn't the case.

On Lisa's Facebook page, she often talks about products she loves, none of which seem to be items from QVC. She was just showing THE BEST hair extensions, and they weren't the Ken Paves that she sold (and I thought wore) for many years. Just my opinion, but I think she has severed ties with the Q.
Honored Contributor

This sounds like speculation.

Super Contributor

I was wide awake when I heard Nancy 1. acknowledge Lisa when presenting the bracelet, then 2. say that Lisa was moving on to better things AND 3. state that we would see her - Lisa - "here soon with something fantastic (I think it was fantastic or some such superlative)".

Just stating the facts....

Super Contributor

I thought the tears and ""big departure"" could have just been ""hype""...and a lead-in to her ""big return""...

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 chucky said:

Hey, MFitz. I heard Sandra say the other day when presenting a Gili ostrich type hobo bag that it was designed by their "friend" Lisa Robertson. I wondered why they would mention her name.

You're right - some hosts still drop Lisa's name at every opportunity. Don't know what that means, other than that there may be some advantage in doing so.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2015 cgil said:

I thought the tears and ""big departure"" could have just been ""hype""...and a lead-in to her ""big return""...

It's looking that way..............the constant game playing with their consumer/audience is never-ending.