Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

OK.  So are some of you saying that it is ok for women to appear any way they want in public, naked or nearly enough and that's ok?

That is fine if women go out that way and young girls (and even older ones) see them and admire the way they look.  

So now it's ok and doesn't matter?  If it were your mom, your daughter or grandmother, it's fine and acceptable?  

Is that what the point?  It doesn't matter?  Doesn't affect what you think of someone?  It's a good thing for our young women?  So don't say it doesn't affect you because it affects community standards and does affect us all.  Or do you disagree with that?

@Sooner 

do you get this upset at the beach too?

Honored Contributor

This really is not a new thing.  Designers have been putting see-thru clothing on the runway for years.  It's almost a requirement anymore to be a designer. So, assuming designers are sending clothing down the runway in an attempt to sell clothing rather than just a visual arts piece, what happens to that clothing?  I think they probably end up mostly being worn with something underneath that hides certain parts except for by a few celebrities who thrive on the spotlight.  

Personally, I didn't care for any of the looks shown.  However, I was fond of this piece that was shown a couple of weeks ago although I still would prefer it in an even more opaque fabric or at least a nude covering underneath for the headlights. Seeing other body parts like arms and legs through the fabric is fine.

PeterDo-Spring-22-RTW.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

No. Like, why?

Do men dress like that?

Do women wonder why they're treated differently? (i.e., unequally?)

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

OK.  So are some of you saying that it is ok for women to appear any way they want in public, naked or nearly enough and that's ok?

That is fine if women go out that way and young girls (and even older ones) see them and admire the way they look.  

So now it's ok and doesn't matter?  If it were your mom, your daughter or grandmother, it's fine and acceptable?  

Is that what the point?  It doesn't matter?  Doesn't affect what you think of someone?  It's a good thing for our young women?  So don't say it doesn't affect you because it affects community standards and does affect us all.  Or do you disagree with that?

@Sooner 

do you get this upset at the beach too?

@Andreatoo Don't you think it is a valid question?  I do.   I see you don't, so ok, that's fine too.