Honored Contributor

Do you like the naked dresses that we're seeing on the red carpet these days?  If so, is there one in particular that you like?

Photo credit: Getty Images

Photo credit: Taylor Hill - Getty Images

Honored Contributor

I do like some that are pretty and have something other then see thru to appreciate. 

It already seems to be the new theme/aka overdone!

Just like the V down the center of dresses that started a few years ago and done by so many designers and worn by clients whether flattering or not. And still overdone because somehow people wearing it think it is attractive to look at or at least have to show they have as good as others

or something.

It just seems so much of designing these days is either copycatting, done for shock value, no imagination.

It really stands out when a designer designs for the client to showcase her or him and make them as beautiful as they can be, not just to show how spectacular, shocking etc and over the top and "artistic" they can be.

Oh well its the new age of designing I guess. I really admire designers who make clothes to flatter a woman (or man), and that fit beautifully.

That takes talent!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Re: Naked dresses

[ Edited ]

Not fond of them.  Leave a little something to the imagination, I say!  Of the ones shown here Kendall Jenner is the winner with Megan Fox coming in last.  

I saw a picture of Amelia Hamlin in one of these get ups that was fairly provocative.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I loved Kendall's!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I did love Kendalls too. That was really beautiful.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

Hate 'em. 

I don't find anything attractive about any of these "fashions".

Honored Contributor

No!!!!  This look to me is not alluring or se*y.  It is just plain trashy!  The one pictured which I feel is the trashiest looking is the one which Megan Fox is wearing.  Horrid.  She has really gone down the tubes since being with Machine Gun Kelly.  I am old - yes -- but still feel that leaving something to the imagination is much more alluring and se*y than just strutting around with everything showing to everyone!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

Not fond of them.  Leave a little something to the imagination, I say!  Of the ones shown here Kendall Jenner is the winner with Megan Fox coming in last.  

I saw a picture of Amelia Hamlin in one of these get ups that was fairly provocative.

@Elodie2  - I looked up the one AH wore and read that she apologized to her dad for wearing the dress:

Amelia Gray Hamlin attends the Perfect Magazine and NoMad London Fashion Week party in a sheer dress. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Naked dresses

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   Well, that's nice that she respects him enough to do that.  

ETA: That's the pic I saw minus the black banner.