Super Contributor

Re: Nail color on shorter nails? Yay or Nay?

For me, I have short nails and don't wear polish but if I did, I would only wear a light color. But my 20 something daughter has short nails and wears all different colors and it looks good on her young hands.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I either do a pale color like Essie Sugar Daddy (usually when I polish them myself) or a red/pink.

I have tried, but I can't embrace the rest of the rainbow. It just doesn't look good on me. I will see women with green or blue or yellow toes or nails and it looks cool on them but it doesn't work on me.

I'm happy with my pinks Smiley Very Happy

Essie Sugar Daddy is my "go-to" color, VaBelle! It always looks classy {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I've tried very expensive polishes and very cheap polishes. I've tried the water based ones, the peel off ones --- you name it. On me --- they all do the same thing --- cause my nails to peel and chip off. It's very discouraging. Right now my nails are very smooth and shiny and healthy - finally --- but I miss the look of polish --- I think the nails look so much more finished and just adore all the pretty colors. But, don't want to have my nails go down the tubes again.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Dark colors on short nails are very in right now, but I can't adjust myself to that look. I like lighter, softer hues when nails are short. The longest my nails grow is just a bit past the tip -- really long nails look odd to me now! And when they're that long a deeper color looks OK, but still I don't care for the dark raisin that many wear.

Toes are different, those nails are short & color can be from light to dark. However mine have been bare all winter... decided to give my toes a break!